Search results

1. DaBigDogg

Creaking?

I think I know the sound you mean but can't confirm I think it is the rear seat hinges, only happens when the chassis is flexing I imagine. Have put tape around the locking bracket to see if that stopped any squeaks but it didn't help so thinking the hinge. Getting my rear bushes done soon so...
  2. DaBigDogg

Terracleaned 1.6TDi

I am sure the technician said to get it done every 12k miles, but he is selling a product I guess. £110 for engines below 2.0ltr. Would be nice to do every major service if can afford to. Leon's have a bigger tank than Ibiza, 45 litres I think, heavy foot and tuning box as well....
  3. DaBigDogg

Terracleaned 1.6TDi

Treated my Ibiza to a fuel system Terraclean the other month, the results are incredible! My 1.6TDi has done 120k miles so thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. It has breathed new life into the engine, with results feeling like it has been remapped. I was skeptical at first but have...
  4. DaBigDogg

Suspension/engine bushes, Powerflex or stock?

I have poweflex on mine, highly recommended and a lot easier to fit than stock ones!
  5. DaBigDogg

1.6tdi flashing coil lamp, engine warning lamp & error code P2454

Not sure on the exact error code but my DPF pressure sensor failed with loads of lights on dash as well. Not sure why tube is not connected should be either side of DPF to measure before and after pressure, that could be the issue right there. The sensor should be right at the bottom of the...
  6. DaBigDogg

Starter Upgrades

Start with the usual stuff first I reckon, the small details like: Interior/Exterior LED bulbs Stubby aerial Debadge/decrome maybe? Wind deflectors if your thing Vinyl wrap the number plate recesses Front Cupra splitter or ez lip hardens the front up Paint calipers, SEAT calipers decals...
  7. DaBigDogg

Headlight Woes

They work!! Although I didn't disconnect the battery they are both on, must have been the dodgy fuse causing the issues. Cars are so complex nowadays would never have thought that the ECU would protect itself like that. Thanks for your input good to know for any future tinkering Cheers
  8. DaBigDogg

Headlight Woes

Hi all, got a strange headlight issue on my Ibiza that I am trying to get my head round... So I have HIDS which have been working fine for a few months until recently when the drivers side one stopped working. Tested the ballasts on the working side etc and even got new one delivered just in...
  9. DaBigDogg

Custom interior LED footwell lights

Try this http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3165749&postcount=15
  10. DaBigDogg

2.0tdi turbo on 1.6tdi?

Have seen second hand turbos for a few hundred quid on eBay so you could get lucky I guess or it could be a dud. You will still need the oil feed line off darkside as well though
  11. DaBigDogg

2.0tdi turbo on 1.6tdi?

Yes it does! Sort of... I think you need the manifold as well but have seen an Ibiza and yeti on the forums with one fitted, decent gains but the limiting factor will be the DPF, which is good for about 180bhp. Still good power from a 1.6. Am sure darkside developments have a turbo kit for sale.
  12. DaBigDogg

New head unit but...

I am no expert but I would imagine that the oem head unit would be integral for the sps thing to work? If not then it must need its power from the harness you swapped out? Nice head unit by the way, have the 3500 myself
  13. DaBigDogg

18 inch wheels on ibiza 6j?

Ride quality is all about the tyres. On my 17's I have falcon ziex and I think they have a high load figure, these ride more harsh compared to the Bridgestone 18's I have on now. But if you going from 15/16's then it will be a noticeably harsher ride, guess I put up with it for the looks!
  14. DaBigDogg

18 inch wheels on ibiza 6j?

I have 18's on mine from the Audi A1 and they fit fine. Just make sure you have similar offset and smaller profile tyres and you should be fine
  15. DaBigDogg

De Wiper

Damn that looks smart! You got me thinking how much I use my rear wiper now and would I miss it....
  16. DaBigDogg

TMC Tuning Box

I have had a tmc box on my 1.6 tdi for a few years now and it has been flawless. I got mine because there were no remaps available at the time. It is remap money though so depends if there is one out for your model
  17. DaBigDogg

6J suspension bush longevity

I did mine close to 100k, definitely an improvement using polybush and think there was some play in the original ones, it's a bitch of a job though!
  18. DaBigDogg

1.6 tdi fr sportcoupe

59 plate. First proper car!
  19. DaBigDogg

1.6 tdi fr sportcoupe

I own a 1.6 tdi sc, like it alot no issues apart from sensors which are almost consumables these days. 106k on the clock and been tuned for about 3 years now, not skipped a beat. No idea on residuals or if your getting a good deal or not though sorry!
  20. DaBigDogg

New stereo for Ibiza (61 plate)

Oh cool well I got all my stuff off eBay such as fitting kit and facia adapter, wiring loom and aerial adapter. I went for a pioneer appradio model but there are loads of models to choose from, have fun loads of threads in here about it already!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise