Search results

1. Altea 2.0TFSI with DSG - HELP!

I had exactly the same in my 2.0 TFSI with DSG in very similar circumstances. Check the engine mount on the gearbox side. Mine had sheared off the em bolts ( soon after it had a cam belt change!). The garage who did the cam belt took it away and repaired it foc. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Leon FR 170 at higher mileage??

I would be more wary of a diesel at higher mileages than a petrol. I had a PD170 Octavia VRS with the same engine as the Leon. It got to 110 to 120k miles no problems and then all the stuff that has to be added to a diesel started failing - the dpf required replacement so it was removed and an...
  3. Leon FR Tdi 170 Timing belt change

The age is as relevant as the miles its done. At 4+ years old I would definitely change it sooner rather than later.
  4. Seat altea getting wet inside

Check the scuttle drains At the base of the windscreen on either side a lot of leaf litter builds up blocks the rubber drains and rainwater then finds its way into the car. Lift the bonnet and fish out all the rubbish at the base of the bonnet hinges and that will probably be the answer.
  5. Altea 2.0TFSI with DSG - HELP!

My Altea has 80k miles and serviced in accordance with Seat including DSG oil change at 40k. Problem is thta it has developed an horrendous rattle and grind manifesting itself through the whole structure of the car even when idling in neutral. It started when reversing up a steep drive and...
  6. Recirculating Flap Motor

Does your blower work? The blower can stick on its shaft restricting any operation of the heating and cooling to virtually nothing. Easy to replace (remove insulation panel in passenger footwell and twist motor anti-clockwise I think - no tools required) but not cheap to buy. See threads...
  7. Tfsi or TDI ????

Go for a TFSI I have an Altea TFSI with DSG and it is a lovely thing. Prior to this I had an Octavia VRS PD TDI which is the same engine as the Altea FR TDI. The TFSI is much faster. The TDI engine is as rough as a badger's a**e compared to the TFSI and a very agricultural driving...
  8. 2.0FSI Fuel economy

2.0 TFSI economy I have a 2.0 TFSI DSG with 60k on clock. Local (rural) driving gets somewhere between 25 to 28mpg (on the computer). It does go like **** of a chromium plated shovel though. If I drive like a vicar on longer runs it creeps up to mid 30's.
  9. 2.0 TDI - DPF issue/symptoms help

I had this on an Octavia VRS TDI at about 120k miles. I got my dpf removed and a reprogrammed by Shark performance - it then went like greased weasel **** but smoked like a 40 year old HGV. I understand you might as well stick a feather duster up the exhaust as get it "cleaned". DPF's have...
  10. I need help with elec windows

I've just had exactly the same on my driver's side. I bought a pattern window regulator off Ebay for £42.95, the repair kits I've read (see other posts by searching for electric windows) are very difficult to replace and adjust. Once you've worked out how to get the door card off it's...
  11. Home made egr delete plate yes or no ?

I did exactly the same but also drilled a small (6mm) hole in the centre and never had any issues with eml light.
  12. 2.0 TFSI Engine cover/air filter removal

Thanks SNAP-ON. It took a real tug but done now.
  13. clicking noice

Might be the strut top bearings - is it noticeable when turning the steering wheel from side to side? Hold the spring whilst someone turns the steering with engine off and if you can feel the click through your hand it's probably the top bearings seized and not allowing the spring to turn with...
  14. 2.0 TFSI Engine cover/air filter removal

Recently bought an Altea 2.0 TFSI DSG. Great so far (after dismal diesels). How do you remove the air filter/engine cover? Does it pull off or is it fixed in some way? Any advice welcome.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.