Search results

1. Rob66

Seat Leon Fr Mk2 from germany

Looks great, I much prefer the Ibera wheels:)
  2. Rob66

Help! Boot not opening

Thanks Chris, of ours plays up again I'll check that wire.
  3. Rob66

Hello!

Welcome, nice and now rare car.
  4. Rob66

15yrs old last week

Still drives great and looking pretty good for 15yrs old.
  5. Rob66

Leon FR MK3.5 with Wheel Upgrade

Thanks Winny, I thought so I have a brand new set (the diamond cut version) bought to go on my FR but have stuck with the standard 18s. May pop them on but although new the Dunlop Sport Maxx on them are now 15 yrs old so will need to swop over tyres. Good to see they fit the mk3.
  6. Rob66

Leon FR MK3.5 with Wheel Upgrade

Nice, are they the MK2 BBS Alloys painted black?
  7. Rob66

An odd problem with my 2008 FR

Battery changed ok, so lets hope that resolves the issue. Bit of info for those changing the battery on MK2 2.0 FSI The Size you need to match the OE Battery is: 190mm height 175mm width 278mm length I bought the Exide Excel 096 74AH (OE was 70AH) Once connected you get a few lights pop...
  8. Rob66

Took it out today drove fine but was rather slow to fire up so got myself a new battery. I will stick it in tomorrow night when back from work in daylight and let you know how it goes.
  9. Rob66

Thanks Swede same as you just checked my CTEK 5.0 and shows exactly the same as yours (up to the green float light). Just took the car out and everything normal, but I haven't got a way of measuring the Volts or Amps so I agree with you and I'll get a new battery. Not sure what it could be if...
  10. Rob66

So I love my Leon its a great car. But I have had an odd issue today. I don't do many miles and am still on the original battery (last year garage I think said volts were ok but Amps were low). Started the car today and cranked for longer than usual. Reversed off drive and drove fine but...
  11. Rob66

3 loud bleeps - no warning lights

Thanks MTY. I will check it out.
  12. Rob66

Hands free connectivity

As above you have a facelift MK2. If its the same as pre- facelift 'and you have Bluetooth' you simple turn Bluetooth on on your phone and you will get a message on the MFD asking you for the code to connect your phone, try 1234 or 0000. (first time only) And that's it. Press the phone Button...
  13. Rob66

3 loud bleeps - no warning lights

OK folks this is an odd one, I have searched and various things come up but i didn't get any warning lights. Car is a 2008 tfsi FR 55k and driving perfectly. I had just filled with petrol (incase that's relevant). And drove couple of miles home, as I turned on to drive I had 3 loud bleeps...
  14. Rob66

Seat Leon mk2 fr CR paintwork looking dull

As above a machine polisher is your best bet, or pic up some Meguiars Ultimate Compound from Halfords that should do it by hand using one of their applicators. Follow that with Autoglym SRP and then wax. Meguiars NXT 2.0 is great on black.
  15. Rob66

Hello from Sweden! Leon CUPRA R ST

Lovely looking car Victor
  16. Rob66

Seat Leon TSI FR Vs Seat Leon TFSI FR

Hi AZ sorry for late reply I haven't had any issues with the gearbox. Its not the shortest through, but is smooth and light. Mine is completely standard engine wise, may be best starting a new thread on engine mods. I know years ago owners were getting huge Power gains. Also for info, i...
  17. Rob66

Seat Leon TSI FR Vs Seat Leon TFSI FR

I have had my pre face-lift FR from new and it's been pretty much faultless. I have maintained it meticulously though at a very good SEAT dealer. Only faults have been an ABS sensor and the radio coming on by itself. The car still feels quick, not blindingly so but quick enough. What don't I...
  18. Rob66

Cupra MK4 owners - thoughts and observations after living with the car for a while

Reading the above I'll stick with my Mk2 guys.
  19. Rob66

Quick wash of my 12 year old FR

Thanks vanlife yes I've done a few, will wait for warmer weather and attempt the others.:)
  20. Rob66

Quick wash of my 12 year old FR

Gave my faithful FR its regular wash and wax today. Still comes up like new, just the stone chips on the bonnet that let it down.