Search results

1. 2.0 TDi 140 Clutch Pedal Rising

Ok, the EGR has solved the Smoke issue so thats great. they also bled the new clutch for me so i was sure it was all dandy... anyway. ive noticed over the last week that the clutch seems fine in the mornings (no judders) but gets worse as the clutch is used as if there is air changing the...
  2. 2.0 TDi 140 Clutch Pedal Rising

bit of an update... car continued to to rough idle so much that it got booked in with Chippenham motor company (SEAT DEALER) for a diagnostic check. they identified the egr as needing to be replaced. unfortunately they didnt have a part, so its in for this wednesday. after diagnosing...
  3. 2.0 TDI Misfire?

ps is there anyway i can find out if mine arethese injectors? without taking the car to bits?
  4. 2.0 TDI Misfire?

Oooh nice :) i have contacted them to ask about paying towards the repair (as this is one of a few problems) so fingers crossed they will replace :) thankyou so much for your input, youve set my mind at ease :)
  5. 2.0 TDI Misfire?

Since my last bout of problems, i have began to eqperience a misfire. it started a year or so ago but was more like a slight rough idle then... now its more violent and has a regular patern to it (which coinsides with the engines chugging) ive been advised by the garage its an injector...
  6. 2.0 TDi 140 Clutch Pedal Rising

ok... got it back from the garage, Clutch is all sorted finally. so thats cool. As ofr the rough idle, the garage have said its misfirieing, but only when its sitting idling. so have put in one an injector cleaner, and given me another one ot put in after that one has been through...
  7. Help please :(

i have a 2.0 140, so cant comment directly about the 115, but itsnt there an issue with the seals in the fuel line letting the fuel return to the tank when car is turned of (if the car is nose up) try parking in a different place (i.e nose up / down) and see if that makse any difference. Is...
  8. 2.0 TDi 140 Clutch Pedal Rising

Maf is working (unplugged it and it stayed the same) Will get garage to check ccv and clean (if they are capable of that lol) Will know more satiurday when I get it back :) pretty sure the smoke is just the egr playing up again
  9. 2.0 TDi 140 Clutch Pedal Rising

right. stopped using millers and the smoke reduced a little. so im happy its just a little of the unburnt aditive. had the flywheel replaced but the garage have royally bugered it. the clutch pedal (clutch was done at the same time) would be lower every morning than it should be. so i...
  10. Flywheel replaced... but still a problem

Grr this car is doeng my nut in haha. Ok, so a week on from the clutch and flywheel replacement, and the car won't go into reverse unless I pull up the pedal(clutch) with my foot before I move the gearstick to reverse??? I drove to the garage and they let a little air out of the system...
  11. Flywheel replaced... but still a problem

ok had a clutch and flywheel replaced last weekend. Took the car home and all seemed ok. the following morning, i started the car and sat for a few minutes listening to the engine tone change betweeen clutch pressed and released. to be fair the noice is a humming sound, so probably just a...
  12. 2.0TDi Engine Problems but need a little help

Ok.. bit of an update, the blus smoke has all but stopped (so darren you were right, it was a little over full on oil and has burnt it off) Ta ;) now im noticing that when i start it up (from cold) its a little restricted when driving for the first mile or so, it feels as though the VNT isnt...
  13. blue smoke on start up

Reddex / Millers / STP all the fuel treatments casue smoke for the first few consecutive applications, as they burn off excess carbon from the valves and injectors etc. its normal. but its not normal for it to carry on for tanks and tanks after applying it. or at unusual times (like on...
  14. blue smoke on start up

ah right... well i know my lower intercooler pipes have a little oil in, as theres a lot of gunk arouns the pipe joints. can i just remove and clean these?
  15. blue smoke on start up

cheers darren, im pretty sure this is the case here. checked the levels at the weekend and they were at max (actually on the nuckle above the word "max" so im assuming its a little high. going to look at some form of oil catch tank..
  16. PD170 Stuttering Problem Solved

anyone had any problems with smoke on gear changes as a result of this mod? mainly after sitting idle (in traffic) for a few minutes, as i pull away and shift into 2nd, i notice smoke out of the rear....
  17. blue smoke on start up

sorry for the old post being re-invaded... I have recently started getting a puff of blue smoke, only on gear changes, and ive only really noticed it since i put in the hesitation gasket (on the EGR) and cleaned the EGR. Car drives fine, (a little lumpy when cold but thats more due to the...
  18. 2.0 TDi 140 Clutch Pedal Rising

Hi darren, I haven't decat mine. So I might be a little different to yours. I put in the 2 quid gasket which certainly helped for a while. Car smokes if sat still on idle when I pull away (where cought smoke is released by the egr into the engine again) I think the smoke has got worse in...
  19. ALTEA XL TDI - Engine Cut Out!!!!!!

by any chance does this happen in the higher gears only.... and when it happens, when you restart its fine? (no lights, no funny noises etc? ) as this sounds like a common isse wit hthe 140bhp 2.0 lump. mine was diagnosed (and fixed) with a turbo control unit (around £150 apparently)...
  20. Misfire-type symptoms at cold idle, kangarooing at 30mph in 4th?

Clean egr mate ;) I had the same on a non dsg. Cleaned egr and put in the alternative egr gasket and sweet as a nut again.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.