Search results

1. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Cheers Chris :) Won't be doing a lot more with this one, I'd like to put the aero parts on from the 4.2 XKR-S but that'll have to wait a while, if it happens at all. You can get these to around 500bhp with a smaller supercharger pulley, sports cats, better air filters and a remap but none of...
  2. 8bit

LCR Secondary Water Pump

That's rubbish (what the garage told you). You'll hear it after you switch the engine off every time, for about 5 minutes - doesn't matter how hot the engine got.
  3. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Car failed MOT last week This was due to a binding brake at the rear offside corner. The wheel wouldn't turn freely with the back end jacked up, brakes off and in N but the other side was fine. I'd hoped it would just be a pad stuck on the carrier or similar so I took the disc and pads out...
  4. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Cheers guys :)
  5. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Thanks guys :) Liam is such a lot of fun, even at this stage. Being a Dad is awesome :) Yeah the battery isn't far off double the size of the one in the Leon!
  6. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Couple of small jobs recently, first I changed the battery as I was finding some strange electrical type issues such as jerky downshifts when driving hard, strange touchscreen/nav system behaviour and incorrect seat/mirror/steering position memory recall. These cars are sensitive to tired...
  7. 8bit

8bit's Mk1 Leon Cupra R. Scarlett - as in Johansson...

Hmm it's great but I still prefer the Ballater to Tomintoul road over the Lecht, or Pitlochry A924 to Kirkmichael then A93 over Glenshee to Braemar. When you guys thinking of going?
  8. 8bit

Cheers :) Yeah not sure why but I always seemed to drive a bit more aggressively in the Leon than other cars ;) Cairn o Mount is great, I also love the section on the Fettercairn side, over the Clattering Brig to Auchenblae then the back round up to Stonehaven - awesome. I actually went over...
  9. 8bit

And now the big update. Scarlett is sold :( I am actually gutted, I know I've got the Jag now, the Mrs. has her new car arriving tomorrow (Merc ML320) and with the baby due to arrive in less than 2 weeks now I'll realistically hardly have time for one car let alone two but I'm really sad...
  10. 8bit

So a small update and a big one. Small one first: Now back on summer wheels:
  11. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Cheers guys :)
  12. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Got some new wheels :) These are OEM Jaguar "Cremona" wheels as standard on the special edition XKR Portfolio model. I got a good deal off ebay as they were painted in black and in need of a refurb. I know a guy who does refurbs at a good price and I needed summer tyres anyway so I bought...
  13. 8bit

My wife is talking about getting a new car for herself, she's mostly been driving Scarlett since I got the XKR and she sold her MX-5 and she misses having her own car. I think she finds the ride a bit firm too and with baby on the way too I sort of see her point. I'd like to keep this one and...
  14. 8bit

My 07 A3 170 DSG

Fingers crossed!
  15. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Cheers ;) Don't really get a real idea of how loud it is on the videos, it's certainly not shy ;) Washed the car today and finally did a job I'd been meaning to get round to for ages. The XKR has the //R logo on little plates on the brake calipers. On the rear they just screw onto the...
  16. 8bit

8bit's new R...

So the Jag was serviced last week and was back in this week for a few minor things to get sorted, some on warranty. While it was in the garage I had this to tool about in: 2013 Jaguar XF Portfolio S, 3.0l V6 twin-turbo diesel. Actually makes more torque than my XKR (440lb/ft!), has a ZF...
  17. 8bit

Might be for sale soon :(
  18. 8bit

My 07 A3 170 DSG

You back on the road now Lee?
  19. 8bit

Graeme's LCR - Now Sold *wave*

Shame you're selling up, someone will get a cracking car though!
  20. 8bit

8bit's new R...

Cheers Lee ;) Met a local photographer through Pistonheads recently, he took some amazing shots of the car using a technique called light painting :) 1. Jaguar XKR #1 by Sko77y, on Flickr 2. Jaguar XKR #2 by Sko77y, on Flickr 3. Jaguar XKR #3 by Sko77y, on Flickr 4. Jaguar XKR #4 by...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.