Search results

1. Service - What and When?

I have done a bit of a search for an answer on this but cannot find. My 18 plate Ateca 1.4 DSG is only coming to 23000 miles and has had 3 oil changes so far in it a life but nothing else. MOT is around the corner and with it I want to service but cannot find any info in terms of what is needed...
  2. Weird code on scan help needed

Hi, On looking into engine management light issue scan came up with: 18104 - P1696 Powertrain data bus implausible signal message from steering column ecu intermittent. Engine management light was egr which has been fixed and no lights at all are now on dash. Noticed a clicking noise on...
  3. Hard Brake Pedal

Hi, Was looking for some help and advice on this one. Over last few weeks I had started to notice an issue with my Altea, wife normally drives and hasn't reported the problem to me, but when I asked her she says oh yeah it has done that a couple of times :rolleyes: Basically when...
  4. How much coolant?

I've looked every where but cant find how much coolant the altea 2.0 tdi takes (bkd engine)? Any ideas? & is there a particular coolant/antifreeze i should get? Thanks in advance.
  5. Altea roof bar track adaptors

Hi, i bought some cycle racks but the u bolts that come with them are way too small for the bars. The bars have a track through the middle of them but it looks a weird track compared to some I have seen. Anyone aware of an adaptor you can get? I would post a picture but says I'm not...
  6. Roof box advice

Hi. Dipping into the world of roof boxes & just looking for some advice. I have ordered a pair of genuine seat roof bars & they are en route. 1st question, probably being thick but how do the rear bars fix on? I understand the front ones screw into the holes already there but not sure...
  7. Squeaky Windows !!

I'll double check but think its ok.Thanks for the help though. It's wierd as the window kinks as nearing the top but ive tried adjusting everything but no change
  8. Squeaky Windows !!

Replaced my regulator this afternoon on passenger side. I recommend having 2 pairs of hands very useful. Cured the squeaking but on the way up kinks on something and ends up going back down. Took it all apart again and couldn't find anything obvious so will have to live with it. Still an...
  9. wheel weights

Ok Thanks for your help. Makes sense as have had all 4 replaced in last year. No other indication of any suspension issues so hopefully not that.
  10. wheel weights

On looking at my car this afternoon I noticed that a lot of my wheel weights are missing leaving just the sticky pads behind. It starts to make sense now that could be the cause of vibration under braking. Would an average garage be able to fix it or does it have to be a tyre garage? Where could...
  11. Rear Parking Sensor Issue

I found the control box but it's just a black electronic box. No display or read out of any description. Am I looking at the wrong thing? Sensors behaving themselves at the moment so diagnostics may not find a fault. Highly annoying intermittent fault.
  12. Rear Parking Sensor Issue

I am going to purchase a diagnostic tool to try & pin point the issue as discussed in this thread. Mine is intermittent which is a pain but may take off the bumper at the weekend just to help assess the situation.
  13. Rear Parking Sensor Issue

Looks the ticket. Thanks.
  14. Diagnostic tool

Thanks I'll take a look.
  15. Rear Parking Sensor Issue

Ok cool well you've been a great help. Thanks
  16. Diagnostic tool

Would the recommended tool be clever enough to diagnose a rear sensor fault specific to a particular sensor or would it just show a generic fault?
  17. Rear Parking Sensor Issue

Ok great thanks for your help. I guessed it would be dealer diagnostic and not from a cheap diagnostic tool that u can get off eBay.
  18. Rear Parking Sensor Issue

Sorry being a bit thick but appreciate your help. What is the vcds or vas? Is this the diagnostic tool?
  19. Rear Parking Sensor Issue

Thanks for your help. Factory fit so sounds like I should keep checking the error codes then. Will it pin point one sensor or just say there is an overall error?
  20. Diagnostic tool

Anyone got any tips for a cheap diagnostic tool but one that reads all error codes not just engine ones. I've been looking at the U281 on eBay. Thoughts?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise