Search results

1. Don Eason

Car just cut out, battery light came on, wont restart, halp!

Been racking my brain trying to remember.. it was something really simple thats probably why i cant remember, I think it was the relay but im not 100 percent certain :( will have a look later to see if i still have the reciept from the garage.
  2. Don Eason

Key Fob Problem

That will cost me as my pre windows 7 laptop stopepd working so I cannot use Vagcom atm.. I dont want to pay the stealer if I can help it either lol... Does the spare key have a transponder also? The car starts and runs with either key and there are no imobiliser issues, so im guessing it is...
  3. Don Eason

Key Fob Problem

I think it must be the weather becasue my keyfob stopped working the other day too. I replaced the batterys and checked the connections and noticed the large metal strip wasnt connecting the battery corectly (I could have bent this a little when replacing the batterys :whistle:) so i used a bit...
  4. Don Eason

LCR - how to change clutch pedal

clutch pedal - 1J2721319C (£17.41 +VAT) stop - 1J2721332A (£1.54 +VAT) mounting - 1H0721357 (56p +VAT) Prices may be a little off, but are these the parts needed? took this off the guide here: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/18012/1028565.aspx#1028565 my friend thinks he can fit a new pedal...
  5. Don Eason

The problem there is I am a total mechanical noob and have no tools etc. + would probably break something.. I could definitaly see that the metal braket had broken on the pedal and the clip that should be attached to the master cylinder arm was on the floor, so im pretty sure thats the problem...
  6. Don Eason

Just had the clutch problem happen to me this morning :cry: went to put my foot on the clutch and it just snapped straight to the floor, called the RAC out and they said that the metal bracket had snapped and the pedal has to be replaced. So now I am without my car for a few days at least until...
  7. Don Eason

how many miles has everybody done??

86k miles now on 02 plate 20vt cupra.. Still no real issues. *touches wood* just had the brake pad warning light come on but tbh was expecting it, did rear discs/pads last month so doing the front ones this week.. good timing too since seres has 40% off disc's/pads atm =O Car still handles...
  8. Don Eason

MK1 Cupra front/rear pads disks need replacing.

ok thats i will let him know. What about the pads/disks whats the best ones to go for?
  9. Don Eason

my friend said he may as well do the bearings at the same time as the disks & pads since they are super cheap? + the car has 80k miles and they have probably never been done.
  10. Don Eason

Hi, Just been advised that my front/rear pads & disks need doing. (1.8t 20v cupra, 2002) What's the best option, bearing in mind I want to keep the costs down as much as possible. Is it best to go for stock pads/disks etc? or can I get something semi decent for a reasonable price? My friend...
  11. Don Eason

Diverter/Dump Valve..

Is there like a set of pipes i can order or would i have to order every pipe in the engine bay one by one? maybe i can do both things at the same time... Sorry if im a noob lol just trying to get to the bottom of this code as its not a problem but i just want to get it sorted incase it turns...
  12. Don Eason

Diverter/Dump Valve..

17705/P1297 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!) (also says intermittant) and nothing noticable... like the turbo is always there on command and i never feel any drop in pressure...
  13. Don Eason

Diverter/Dump Valve..

Been getting the 'check DV' code since forever ago without getting to the bottom of the problem (checked pipes and changed dump valve for another oem one) Is the Diverter Valve seperate from the dump valve? my chief mechanic (scotty) has suggested changing this since the dump valve was changed...
  14. Don Eason

Front cigarette adaptor not working...

ya i guess mine dont got it.. all i see next to my interior light is the cover for the rear light cluster.. :cry:
  15. Don Eason

where is the socket located in the boot, just went outside and had a look and couldent find one in mine.. is it hidden?
  16. Don Eason

fault code p0411

i think the worst part is how the incorrect flow turns on the engine light... my pump is not even plugged in and yet it still brings on the eml light..
  17. Don Eason

fault code p0411

the pump? in short it blows hot air onto the cat when the car is cold to lower your emissions when the engine is not up to temp... basically it does nothing but cause a big headache with the engine light and alot of money to replace for something thats kinda pointless in this country.. my pump...
  18. Don Eason

fault code p0411

http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=293133 been having problems with mine also, the pump is loacated just below the oil filter if you look up from under the car (have to remove heat shield first) there is a post telling you step by step how to do it, will look for that for you in a sec...
  19. Don Eason

wait theres a socket in the boot? lol.. next time drive backwards!
  20. Don Eason

how many miles has everybody done??

79k on an 02 plate.