Search results

1. hardcore4

1.9 tdi AHF popping glow plug fuse

It's in the far right position
  2. hardcore4

Anyone?? Can't see it being a dodgy glow plug as the fuse doesn't pop with ignition on, only when engine is started
  3. hardcore4

Yeah I thought this too but no fault codes stored in engine or instrument cluster:wtf:
  4. hardcore4

Hi Guys Last year i got given a 1.9tdi leon to use as a work wagon. Its served me well apart from being sluggish to start in the mornings. I charged the battery last year and a strip fuse popped on top of the battery when i started the car afterwards, i thought nothing of it as everything...
  5. hardcore4

Recent engine rebuild ( Loudish Metalic Ticking noise)

lifters danny, what poil are you running? have you tried compression testing it when engine is warm and operating ok? sitting with a car at 3krpm for 10 minutes will not kill youre engine if anything it will make the fans work a little harder than theyre used to!
  6. hardcore4

Try just holding the revs between 2-3.5k when engine warm at a stand still danny. With such low compression on all cylinders this definitely sounds like the lifters are sticking!
  7. hardcore4

yea that would do the same thing
  8. hardcore4

Thats what my money is on mate, give it a bash :)
  9. hardcore4

that could easily be the case then mate, no oil in the lifters for 2 months is well enough to make them stick! I've had this issue with k series engines after a week with no oil let alone 2 months! have you tried holding the engine at 2.5-3k for 10 minutes or so to see if it clears?
  10. hardcore4

Danny, may sound daft but how long is it since the engine has run after the belt failed? Maybe lack of oil in the hydraulic lifters causing them to stick open/closed slightly?
  11. hardcore4

LCR Over 'revving'

its situated on the clutch pedal itself, its a switch that cuts the engine revs slightly between gear changes. I had this issue on mine when i bought it and the switch had fallen right out! get a torch and get in the footwell and have a look mate
  12. hardcore4

Leon FR 1.8T Engine Management Light after Timing Belt Change

Sounds like the timing might be out mate, is the car running ok?
  13. hardcore4

LCR de-cat

Search on ebay mate mine was £99 for a scorpion one!
  14. hardcore4

2005 LCR Overheating Problem!

Mine does this when i have been sat in traffic for a long time, if the fans kick in and it cools down then its nothing to worry about in my opinion
  15. hardcore4

Blown lcr

what revo map do you have and what mods?? My engine had to be rebuilt at 50k due to a previous owner having a stage 2 revo map installed with torque levels ridiculouly high and it bent a rod :( either way mate i feel your pain you must be gutted!
  16. hardcore4

Cam Chain Tensioner

Just a thought guys, your oil pick up in your sump isnt partially blocked is it? This would cause tope end rattle when cold and would be a very cheap fix if its the fault, you could do it yourself!!
  17. hardcore4

Red LCR Alloy Wheel colours

I have gloss black on mine mate looks awesome, but then again i would say that!!
  18. hardcore4

car vandalised on thursday, advice?

glass doesnt affect your ncb mate you just poay your 50 quid glass excess thats it!! get on the phone tomorrow they can probably get the glass done within a day or two!
  19. hardcore4

Cam chain tensioner

pretty sure that you need to take the cams out buddy!! When i did the gasket on my old mk4 golf i was having a look at how to get it off and im almost positive you cant without taking the cams out!!
  20. hardcore4

Does this 02 Sensor spacer look correct?

get the maf logged on vag com mate or try one from a mates car if you can access one?