Search results

1. Another mk5 1.6CRTDI issue

We had the same problem, which then brought the engine management light on. And that turned out to be the exhaust temperature sensor. But it took my dealers 3 trips to sort it out!
  2. 1.6/1.9 tdi 5dr Ibiza Sport - Thinking of buying

We've got a 1.6 tdi. As Markmeus has stated above, fuel economy does differ, and the cold weather has a definite negative effect. In the summer an 18 miles journey to work gets around 53-58mpg, but that drops to 47-52 in the cold weather. We had major trouble with an exhaust temperature...
  3. Anyone had trouble with exhaust temperature sensor?

Thanks for the advice techie. I've had it back a week now, and all is going well. Looks like it was 3rd time lucky. Seat head office have been terrible. I rang em to tell them the dealer were useless. They rang me back on Friday and asked if everything is ok. I said yes, and they said...
  4. Anyone had trouble with exhaust temperature sensor?

Fair point there Deano. Although I'd be happy if they could just fix the fault. Thanks for that info Lucifer. There is no other running issues though. And its not using oil. Very very rarely does a part regen. And never had the DPF light come on. So everything else seems fine. The code is...
  5. Anyone had trouble with exhaust temperature sensor?

*UPDATE* This morning the car decided to put the engine management light back on today. So back to Seati ts gone again! Same fault as well. Looks like they just can't fix it considering this is the fourth time it has come on. And 3rd attempt at fixing it! :(
  6. Anyone had trouble with exhaust temperature sensor?

No mate, there isn'tany closer dealers. They closed the one that was 20 miles away. So now its 50 miles each way to get it sorted. Seems ok now though. :)
  7. Anyone had trouble with exhaust temperature sensor?

It went in to the dealers lastweek. They changed the 3rd sensor. Had it back 4 days, and the engine management light came on again. Went in again and they've changed the 2nd sensor now. I hope its sorted this time! At 100 mile round trip to the dealers, I'm getting a bit p'd off.
  8. Anyone had trouble with exhaust temperature sensor?

Just wondering if anyone has suffered a MIL or engine management light luminated, due to a fault with the exhaust temperature sensor? Mine came on, and has just been in the garage and had a new one fitted. (Its a 2010 1.6 tdi BTW). :-)
  9. Confused about window tints

Yeah, Deano is spot-on with his remarks. Plus if you have the fronts tinted, and have a bump. Your insurance can refuse to pay-out. And before people jump on the bandwagon saying "if its not your fault they have to pay-out". Then this is definitely not true. Any vehicle found being used...
  10. New ECU under warranty

Is it under the panel to the lower right of the steering wheel. Above the fuse box?
  11. 2010 1.6 tdi part ex price

Thanks for the comments. I know what you mean regarding space. And the biza's boot is pretty good. Its just Gillian's (the mrs) stuff that takes-up the room. It'd be cheaper to get rid of her! lol
  12. 2010 1.6 tdi part ex price

Thanks. Can't really afford to change tbh, but starting a family and the biza's boot isn't big enough. lol Cheers :-)
  13. New ECU under warranty

I took mine in for a service back in April. And they did this to my car. And they have changed the ECU (rather than re-programme it). The car has got better mpg since so I'm not complaining. :-)
  14. 2010 1.6 tdi part ex price

Just wondering if anyone has part exchanged there 2010 tdi Ibiza recently? And what sort of price they are worth? Cheers gillian and james
  15. Annual service and new ECU???

Thanks Spurt. Thats what they said it was. Only a few cars have been affected, but its a non-starting problem. Seems like an expensive fix to me??? lol
  16. Annual service and new ECU???

Just been for the first service on our 10 plate sc 1.6tdi. And the service manager said theres a recall. Having read some things on here I had a brief idea of this already, and went off to do some shopping. Returned a couple of hours later and the service manager said that the service had...
  17. wheres the accessories for sale section gone?

I've bought off here, and never had any problems. Its the same old story, a few people spoil it for the majority! :-(
  18. wheres the accessories for sale section gone?

Thanks. Didn't realise a for sale section could be such hassle.
  19. wheres the accessories for sale section gone?

For Sale section question This may be a daft question, but I havn't been on here for a while so please excuse me. But where has the accessories for sale section gone? Or is it just my computer? lol
  20. Engine turning over.... And over.

Which engine/model is it???
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.