Search results

1. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

It got finished and did a few track days. But I've been offered an ex Clio cup race car at a steal. I have posted a for sale thread, but it's not been approved yet. It's a shame, but I've been given the opportunity to own a car that I've wanted for a long time. So Tcup has to be broken up. It...
  2. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Being broken for spares. Been offered a car that I can't refuse so this needs to go.
  3. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Yeh has a quaife diff. Plan is better brakes certainly as it just can't cope at the moment.
  4. Maybe turbo conversion

SOME Chinese turbos have been proven, others have also **** themselves in epic fashion. How do you know the one you buy will be ok?
  5. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

I really can't complain about how well it uses the power. Yes it'll wheel spin if you're a bit too keen on the loud pedal, but let's face it, mk1 LCR's with a stage 2 will do the same.
  6. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Running 1 bar of boost now, still on a 'footballer' map (mappers term - rich and retarded) so plenty of power to come yet. Had an outing at Combe, where the aux belt failed causing a drop in voltage to the coils which caused a misfire and brought me in. On board; http://youtu.be/fV-S54YL5Ek...
  7. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Mega update I guess!! It'll be very brief as I haven't got many pics. Engine was in, then I set about wiring: Then did the interior loom (no pics) but did set it up so I can have mains only (just as a 'I'm coming' setting on track after having a few near misses with people underestimating my...
  8. Cylinder head

Tbh, I'd be asking why it's burning out valves. Why wasn't the cylinder head pressure tested if they suspected the cylinder head?
  9. Forge upper intercooler pipe set

What are they worth used? Got a set here in red but no idea what they're worth second hand. I'll put a proper advert up but don't want to under price them lol. Cheers guys. Please note this isn't a for sale thread :)
  10. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Nah it's actually nowhere near that high, it's only 1" over the steering wheel centre. Does give a really nice feel for shifting.
  11. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Bit more done. Centre console, in pictures it does look very high, but I can't seem to get an angle that actually portrays where it is. It's a bit higher than I planned, but sadly handbrake functionality denoted it was this high. It's inlu actually about an inch higher than the centre of the...
  12. Running In period!

Lots of varied throttle, lots of deceleration, lots of load. Tbh, the most vital time of an engines life are the first 2 hours/25 miles. After that id bring it back, drop the oil, new filter and drive as normal. The only things you need to run in now are camshafts (on a bucket/follower setup)...
  13. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Today's pictured progress.. Hard piping done.
  14. Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Gear cables are back. Booked in this week with my welder fab guy to make the centre console for the selector tower and switch panel etc. And hopefully enough time to get the hard piping done on the intercooler. On another note, the bilsteins have been sold, and I've purchased these..
  15. hub and bearings

You can't buy them ready pressed in no.
  16. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Few more to help.
  17. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Mine was more to clear the bonnet on my build. I trimmed my rocker cover to clear the compressor housing.
  18. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Here's my top mount setup for reference.
  19. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

It needs a fairly straight run. Scavenge pump is really your only option.
  20. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

That won't be any good. That'll pool and blow oil past the seals