Search results

1. Body Refinishing

My LCR is near immaculate apart from the dreaded lacquer peel, which I would like to sort out. The problem is most modern bodyshops are geared up to accident repairs and don't do the preparation work properly on an older car. I'm trying to find someone reputable who will remove all the old...
  2. Galvanised panels

I know the Mk1 LCR has a galvanised body, but I don't know at what point in the production process this took place. Just wondering whether replacement OEM front wings would be galvanised. Thanks if you can clarify.
  3. Thermostat Cover

Hi, Does anybody know the part number for the thermostat cover on a Mk1 LCR BAM? Dealers don't seem to know. I mean the cranked plastic pipe with a flange on that fits onto the block over the thermostat. Thanks.
  4. LCR Parts Providers

Does anybody have trouble getting suppliers to sell parts retail? Local TPS told me they will only sell to trade account customers.
  5. LCR Fuel Tank Support Straps

One of the support straps which run under the fuel tank on my LCR has corroded through and snapped. I'm not sure where these are connected to the body and whether new straps are available. Or has anybody done a non-standard repair? Advice much valued, thanks.
  6. Brake disc securing screws.

Not a very exciting thread, this! Brake disc securing screws often break off, but it's not normally a problem because the wheel bolts hold the disc tight against the hub. Except that it really can be a problem. Every time the wheel is removed an unsecured disc can move slightly away from the...
  7. Front Bumper screws/clips

I've been able to answer my own question, so thought I'd share it in case helps anyone else. The clips are m6 U clips. I've used the type called "chimney clips" which have a threaded section to take a bolt - stronger fixing than the original. The clips fit into rectangular cut-outs in the front...
  8. Front Bumper screws/clips

Underneath the R front bumper are 3 big screws that hold it to the front cross member. They also retain the front edge of the undertray. The screws fit into rectangular clips that fit into rectangular holes in the cross member. There are plenty of ads on Ebay for similar things to fit Audis and...
  9. Mk1 Cupra R Front Wings

Does anybody know if original new Mk1 LCR front wings are still available, if so what price? Mine's got the usual bubbling where the wings meet the sills. Don't want to bother fitting second-hand ones. Thanks.
  10. G201 Brake Pressure Sensor

Thanks for the quick response. I've got an Angel code reader. All it says is: 01435 1/1 KWP2000 Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) Part No: 8N0907379G Component: ESP FR 101
  11. G201 Brake Pressure Sensor

I get this fault code intermittently, every few weeks, usually after driving for 40-50 miles. Car is 2006 Mk1 LCR. After switching off and restarting the engine the light goes out . . . till next time. Any advice, apart from telling me to take it to a SEAT dealer?
  12. LCR Catalyst to exhaust gasket

Hi there, the gasket between the catalyst section and the centre exhaust section on my LCR has blown. Anyone know where I can get one without resorting to the stealers? Nothing on EBay. Thanks.
  13. Brembo Bleeding

The Gunsons jobby can be a useful bit of kit but it's not very well made. Before you start check all the pipe/cap connections in the Eezibleed are secure and can stand the pressure. Put protective sheets under the bottle and pipework. Mine usually p*sses out brake fluid everywhere when it's...
  14. Car battery life

If it's not used for a while everything should close down. Even the flashing "alarmed" led on the driver's door goes out. I went abroad for 2 months and mine started first time, even with a 10 year old battery.
  15. New SEAT Leon (2020) full details and video

I hung onto my Mk1 because I didn't like the look of the Mk2. I thought the Mk3 looked better, but not enough to make me buy one - I hate broken swage lines. I saved up enough to buy a new one when the Mk4 came in. Guess what? Yes, I'm still keeping my Mk1 LCR.
  16. Leon 1.6 SA 2004 Central locking problem

I had a similar problem a few years ago with the front passenger door on mine. Spent ages switching the locking on and off from the driver's door panel without any joy. Then I switched the engine on and it unlocked after two or three goes on the door panel switch. Could have just been a fluke...
  17. Cupra 4 buildlog

I'm very impressed with your skills on this car!
  18. Bilstein

Sorry for repeating what's in lots of other threads, but I'm still confused. Is the Bilstein B4 a like-for-like replacement for original shocks on a Mk1 Cupra R? I thought the R shocks were different to the other Leons and I've been told the original shocks on the R are equivalent to the B6...
  19. Cupra Vs Cupra R

The Cupra R has a stronger front subframe, different suspension and steering compared to the Cupra. There are many detail differences and the handling is very different. The Cupra R has the Audi S4 front assembly whereas the other cars have what I assume is the standard Golf/Audi A4 set up...
  20. MK1 Cupra Strange Hesitation on Part Throttle

Since my earlier post I've fitted a new turbo boost relief valve. There can still be a slight flutter around 2000rpm but it's much smoother than it was before.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise