Search results

1. The Dreaded Water Pump Problem!

My jan 2019 started losing coolant last November. Fortunately the water pump was replaced under warantee but mine had just 11k miles on the clock. I’m still wondering how long this one will last now with the amount of failures
  2. JB4 stock tune

Thanks for that. It is the cupra290 with opf. I imagined you would probably notice more midrange as trying to put 286 through the front from a standing start isn’t the best.
  3. JB4 stock tune

Hi everyone. Just a bit of info needed. I know there are lots of threads about tuning boxes but I’m looking specifically at the jb4. Ive had mapped cars in the past but they were mapped after fitting exhaust, filter fuel pumps etc so most of the tuned cars I owned jumped from stock to plus 70,80...
  4. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

I haven’t posted on here yet so here’s mine.
  5. Not why you buy a CUPRA but...

That’s very good going Doug. Don’t think we got anywhere near that
  6. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Another good wash and a little blast as I don’t drive it much.
  7. The ultimate front splitter thread

I would fit a front splitter on mine but the bumper almost catches the kerb when driving in our drive. My other half would end up ripping it off.
  8. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Finally fitted my Maxton spoiler extension.
  9. Power Delivery - Cupra 290

If you click on the info button when in the mode setting it sort of tells you. Sport mode only changes dcc and engine to sport. Everything else like steering and lsd standard. Cupra changes engine,lsd, steering dcc etc. I’ve no idea what cupra air con does tough ??
  10. Power Delivery - Cupra 290

its not really. 3 drive modes and 3 gearbox modes. Each drive mode can have whatever gearbox mode you want. The good thing with the gearbox is with just a flick you have drive, sport or manual straight away. I understand it seems confusing as people think I’ve chosen cupra it’s now in its...
  11. Air Filter Question

You just remove the snow grate. http://www.mygolfmk7.com/2018/09/stock-airbox-modification/
  12. Air Filter Question

I would just do the standard air box mod. It allows a bit more air in the filter but as said it would be minimal gains and noise with just a new panel filter.
  13. 2019 Cupra 290 Res Delete Done!!

Well that’s good news though with regards to power. I take it you have the ppf on yours?
  14. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Thanks for the info. Mine arrived today and I’ve just fitted it. Transforms the look of the screen.
  15. 2019 Cupra 290 Res Delete Done!!

do you have any figures after the tune with regards to power?
  16. 2019 Cupra 290 Res Delete Done!!

If you have a 19 plate cupra what map are you running as I don’t know of any yet for the wltp cars.
  17. Power Delivery - Cupra 290

260bhp from a new 290? Is that at the wheels because if its not i would be knocking on seats door with the proof. And 320 from a standard 280 is very impressive. 305bhp is the biggest ive seen standard but i know all dynos are different.
  18. Cupra Kick plates

Is it a pano roof on a 5 door as I thought it was the st only?. I’ve got the sunroof on mine.
  19. Power Delivery - Cupra 290

Can’t say I’m having issues with mine. I mainly use manual mode rather than sport setting on the dsg when I want some fun. The only thing I’ve noticed up to my old 6 speed dsg is that in sport mode my old 6 speed held the gears longer when not on full throttle. If I was in 2nd in the old 6 speed...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.