Search results

1. ptotham

Altea using a lot of oil and Cream colur gunk on filler cap

I have 1.6 Altea Sport 2006 and about a month ago the oil warning light came on when going round a roundabout, when I check there was hardly any oil and there cream gunk on the filler cap I put 2litres of oil in as that is all i could get at the time and then about 2 weeks later same thing the...
  2. ptotham

6speed triptronic geabox

Robing have you had yours fixed?
  3. ptotham

6speed triptronic geabox

I have been told it's a valve that needs changing in the box as oil is leaking pass when it gets warmed up hence why the jumping/jerking doesn't happen until then. I don't have a DSG gearbox mine is just a 6 speed triptronic box.
  4. ptotham

6speed triptronic geabox

They did scan it but there were no fault code relating to the gearbox
  5. ptotham

6speed triptronic geabox

I have a 55reg seat altea 2.0 sport with a 6 speed triptronic gearbox with 65k on the clock. When the car is cold is changes gear no problem after driving the car for about 4+ miles the car stars jerking through the gears. I have had the gearbox oil change that didn't any difference I have now...
  6. ptotham

Simplifix ISOBASE - Urgent help

Thanks for getting back to me, the car seat is arriving tomorrow so will test with it then, do you know if there is a different between the standard and the sport Altea as regards to the seats?
  7. ptotham

Simplifix ISOBASE - Urgent help

Hi Peeps is anyone using or know anyone using the silvercross Simplifix Isobase in the altea? I have just bought one for my 55 reg altea and the front support arms seem to be about a 1cm to short so the saftey indicator doesnt go green when you install with out the car seat in it but...
  8. ptotham

Dashboard Lights

thanks for confirming that for us jamie.
  9. ptotham

Dashboard Lights

Hi All sill question my wife has just got a Ibiza MK4 1.4 16v SX and I have noticed the dashboard light and radio and climate control lights don't come on when i start the car but do when i put side lights on is this right or should they be illuminated all the time the car is on?? :confused:
  10. ptotham

HELP needed with knocking, annoying so much !!!

JOM blue line coil overs.
  11. ptotham

Car died.

105000 give or take n 11 years.
  12. ptotham

Car died.

Good news is Leon is back on the road, it turns out I had done the cam belt on my Ibiza but forgot to do the Leon so has been an expensive lesson, new valves and so on.
  13. ptotham

MTEC Brakes

Thanks for the feed back peeps, I thinking I may go the EBC route as have herd good things about them.
  14. ptotham

Car died.

Think I had the tensioners done as I think I bought a kit, can't remember. --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v0gkq4
  15. ptotham

Car died.

Yea it was fitted by my local garage. --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?btky5e
  16. ptotham

Car died.

Hope not as I only had it done 20k ago.
  17. ptotham

Car died.

Just changed up into 3rd gear EPC light came on n the car cut out instantly when to start it again but you can here it spinning faster than normal on turnover. --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?glzshx
  18. ptotham

Car died.

Yea hoping so getting the car looked at tomorrow.
  19. ptotham

Car died.

Car cut out today whilst driving think the timing belt has snapped. What away to start the bank holiday weekend.
  20. ptotham

Part number mk 3 2001 cupra wiper stalk

could someone tell me what bits i need to clean and how to clean them? pic would be good if anyone can spare the time as my wife ibiza wipers have gone mad.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.