Search results

1. Issues after parts change

Done a bit of work on the car this week to tidy up some outstanding problems. I hit some issues today 10 miles down the motorway - bit of lumpy, judder when I come off the gas - a blow of smoke from the exhaust. Lack of power / limp mode shortly after. Changes this week. - new glow plugs on...
  2. Altea wet footwell

So it turns out my driver and rear footwell are absolutely soaked. This seems to be pretty recent, and potentially since I recently started running the air con to pull the condensation out of the car quicker after all the rain we’ve had and transferred in to the car via wet coats etc..... Im...
  3. Altea turbo problems

Hi all, We have a problem with our 2006 1.9tdi at the minute. It feels like the turbo isn’t kicking in usual 2k revs. If we carry on booting it up to around 4K revs, it often bails in to limp mode. I’ve run a scan on it today and pulled up the following codes. EGR system - P0401 - insufficient...
  4. Altea turbo not pulling

Hi all, We have a problem with our 2006 1.9tdi at the minute. It feels like the turbo isn’t kicking in usual 2k revs. If we carry on booting it up to around 4K revs, it often bails in to limp mode. I’ve run a scan on it today and pulled up the following codes. EGR system - P0401 - insufficient...
  5. Fuse problem

Ok So it turns out that the stereo was blowing the fuse and only at the point that the face plate was attached. A bit of head scratching and there was a 20p inside the unit that was shorting it out :blink: Unbelievable Jeff, but all working now all the same
  6. Fuse problem

Hmmmm, any particular hot spots I ought to check first?
  7. Fuse problem

Hi all, I'm having a problem with our arosa at the moment. The stereo stopped working as did the auto unlock, ran a VAG scan to find code 00849 - s contact. I found that the S contact fuse had blown. The problem I'm having now is every time I replace with a 5a (as per manual) it blows...
  8. EGR problem

I was thnking the same, but didnt want to disrupt anything and start some problems for myself! Do you have any idea where the crap may be coming from? new gasket maybe?
  9. EGR problem

Guys, Does this look like anything sinister at all? The car runs fine apart from a pretty low avg mpg of 38 at present on my 1.9TDI Could this have something to do with it maybe?
  10. My Altea 140 Sport..

Ah, good point!! Do you know if they are a straight swap around with the existing grill?
  11. Bulb problems?

Nice one, thanks. Will do both of them this weekend and hopefully, they will stop eating bulbs
  12. Bulb problems?

Hi All Ive just had the light on for a bulb out. It turns out its the driver rear light/brake light thats out again, which i only replaced less than a year ago. Are these bulbs notorious for not lasting too long, or may I have another problem here?
  13. My Altea 140 Sport..

How much was the honeycomb grill mate?
  14. Wheres the Cabin/ pollen filter in my Altea tdi 2.0

Is this the same for the 1.9tdi too?
  15. cupra splitter for altea

That looks sound Matty
  16. Turbo whistle

I think most turbos make some kind of a whistle, if its pretty loud though then the first port of call is usually to check all boost hoses for leaks or splits to see if thats the cause
  17. 1.0S Pollen filter

Cheers Pete I will take a look, if not there, maybe it will be above the passenger footwell?
  18. 1.0S Pollen filter

Hi All Can anyone please direct me as to where the pollen filter is on the 1.0S?
  19. tiny tap-tap from climate control

I have something similar, albeit on my air con (i dont have climate control). Id describe mine as more of a intermittant switching sound? I presumed it was somehow linked to the temperature control?
  20. Poor economy

Hi Andy That doesnt sound far off the mark to be honest, its used every day during the week to get to work, which can be as little as 2.5 miles each way if its to my work! I often wonder if the engine has even warmed up in that time Its basically used for regular, short journeys which in...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.