Search results

1. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

Well I spoke too soon. No signal again on my way home, though it did navigate me correctly over the 6 miles across town :confused: I guess it's the inertial navigation system doing its thing. I guess I'll be gutting the glove box then...
  2. spark plugs for V5

What's the interval on which plugs should be changed -- 30k miles?
  3. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

Ok, I might give it a go looking for it. Below is why it's a "might" and not "will". I had some luck today with the new antenna. Yesterday, I decided to be persistent so wired the new antenna to come out in the glove so that it can be stored there. Today, I had to drive home and back to the...
  4. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

Could not fully dismantle the glove box as I don't have a T25 bit butsaw quite a bit of what's behind. are you sure it is there -- seems there is no space between top of cd changer and airbag? no difference between connected and disconnected antenna. going for a drive now to see if it decides...
  5. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

Don't have VAGCOM so would need to drop by my local garage to do that. Will try it out if the glovebox search turns up nothing. Sounds like a bit of a pig to get the glovebox out. Will try just now :D Keep you posted. Thanks for the info.
  6. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

No worries. I'll wire the new antenna tomorrow AGAIN. And try to be patient for 20-30 mins and wait if something comes up satellites wise.
  7. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

Interesting. Does it say what it does?
  8. Confused about DMF now

Now that I've said it -- I park up home, and I get this weird sound when I depress the clutch -- like some rubber is getting squished against metal. It happens just before it's fully depressed, and you can kinda feel it a bit through the pedal as well. :( Ideas?
  9. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

Yeah, take your time with the impedance. It's supposed to be an active antenna I believe (for the GPS as well) but it still could give some information. Will check if it says different things plugged and unplugged, but I don't believe so. I just don't get any satellites found or connected...
  10. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

Does anybody have an idea what this is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390381288940
  11. GPS -- no signal

Any idea what that is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390381288940&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1927wt_852
  12. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

I got a new antenna, but that did not help at all. Any ideas? I am stuck :(
  13. Removing Aeriel

Got a new antenna off eBay -- no change :( Not happy. Any ideas? I feel tempted to take the unit apart and investigate. Just worried that I won't be able to put it back together or break something else as well. It all works perfect except for the GPS reception -- routes are calculated etc.
  14. Confused about DMF now

I also had the same feeling that the clutch was strange when I got mine. Touch wood, 2 years down the line not a problem with the clutch :)
  15. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

You're right. I took out the head unit today (the keys arrived today). I measured the resistance across the connector -- I got something around 480 Ohm, which is most likely not what it should be. Slimy, if you have the time, could you please measure the resistance across the GPS antenna...
  16. GPS -- no signal

I've got a standalone GPS (also a smartphone with GPS), but it just bugs me when things don't work. Also, having to put on the dash mounted GPS is annoying, and also all the wires everywhere don't appeal to me :D So much cleaner to use the GPS in the car.
  17. GPS -- no signal

Roof mounted, it's exactly like the standard one but has a round extension right in front of it which says "GPS". What I am really wondering is whether I should have a look at it before or after I buy a new cheap non OEM replacement. I am worried about being hamfisted and creasing the...
  18. Anyone with Torque (android) and a V5?

Oh my, not good news :( Could this have something to do with possibly an under-performing lambda probe?
  19. GPS -- no signal

Nobody, really :D ?
  20. how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

Yeah, that's decent :) Thanks! EDIT: You're practically golden, replying in record time :) Just to make sure, this is the GPS antenna connection right? (I assume there's two -- one for the GPS and one for the AM/FM) Looks like an SMC connector. Any idea where I could hide a GPS receiver if I...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.