Search results

1. induction kit I've bought causing problems

Do you have solenoid block on on your drivers side? It looks like black plastik box from which goes (IIRC) 6 similar thin rubber tubes. If so, was one of them atached to the air box? If so, you have mashed vacuum managment when you blanket it. It is easy to fix if that is the case. You should...
  2. Handling mods?

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=205&aspect=40&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7&offset=18&width2=215&aspect2=40&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=7-5&offset2=18 Look here. It might work. Just compare result with what you have now. For ET I was puting 18 as ET38 - 20mm distance equals ET18. But...
  3. Handling mods?

About front and rear strut bars: It is not very pronounced difference as doing coilovers but i can asure you every little helps and the outcome is sum of all parts instaled/tweaked. If you want to do some real fast track driving I think you should get strut braces. I got them and while it is...
  4. Mk4 Fmic

Please erase double post. Sorry!
  5. Mk4 Fmic

Please erase double post. Sorry!
  6. Mk4 Fmic

Is this helpfull? ............................. Was looking at the Darkside picture of their kit. Seems like the pipeing kit for SS IC are made of following parts (numbered from turbo to FMIC and from FMIC to inlet manifold): 1.- silicon 90º bend from turbo out 2.- 90º alloy bend 3.- 45º...
  7. Tdi exhaust manifolds

Passat got longitudinal mount engine. Many peops recomend AFN (Golf mk3) mani, but others are thinking AFN mani has less flow then AWX.
  8. Tdi exhaust manifolds

You can send mail to Darkside Developments. They got flanges (also got hole kits) for GTB turbos and i think they will know if AWX+GTB fits. Sure they had have make at least one conversion into Ibiza/Fabia/Polo.
  9. Tdi exhaust manifolds

Think, somewhere had read that all VAG 8v manifolds are interchangeable. Hope someone will chime up and verify or negate that.
  10. PD100 - Upgraded to 200 BHP?

Agree with vroomtshh. But in this case maybe we could consider to buy used cupra and get most parts onboard including better seats, cockpit and somewhat different engine and transmission. Other thing is, in my country there is not much used cupras and in other hand if you are first owner to your...
  11. PD100 - Upgraded to 200 BHP?

Thanks, Mickylad! Just as I thought - possible but under big price tag.
  12. creaking noise from suspention

Hi badbill! When changin suspension did the cupra bushes aswell. So it should be something else in my case. Will try with shorter droplinks.
  13. PD100 - Upgraded to 200 BHP?

Besides I don't live in UK so my legislation is a bit different - insurance we pay by declared power and it is fixed rate - I was interesting in technical limits of PD100 engine head and limits of lowers part of the engine. So, it was purely technical and retorical question. Mapper I had spoke...
  14. PD100 - Upgraded to 200 BHP?

I know it is an old thread, but better to ask here then make new one. Let's put insurance question aside for the moment. What is the power limit for PD100 engine? I mean what is the limit with stock turbo? Then what is the limit of stock injectors? And finally with biger turbo and injectors...
  15. Shorter droplinks?

It is recomendable to change top mounts once your car is disassembled because it is not to much money and you got peace of mind for future. So, is that drop links Cris3boro posted the right one?
  16. Shorter droplinks?

What year Mondeo drop links would fit Ibiza?
  17. creaking noise from suspention

I got the same on passenger front side. Does anybody know which egsact parts make that squik? I checked all suspension parts twice so far and saw nothing suspicious. At least not suspicious looking to me and my mechanic. :(
  18. Sourcing hubs for 312mm brake upgrade

Altough it is over 3 years old topic I will try to bump it. :) So the consensus is that WHEEL HUBS from all of the above vehicles can be mounted into Ibiza? Asking because one man told me that Octavia hubs will not be good choise.
  19. Coilover obession - Why do you really want coilovers???

If I can put a coment! Understand why you bring this question out - so many opinions based just on look and without slightest thought about car dynamics. Worldwide on "owners club forums" people lookin' for low ride and don't think about "real" speed driving. Those who live in big citys...
  20. newbie alloy thread

Cheers Mike! You have help me alot! It is 2005. model and I allready have ordered the alloys. Price is - 47 £ for set of four! :) Joe, think G5 got 5x112 pattern while mk4 beeza is 5x100. You can manage only with some kind of adapters, otherwise not possible. EDIT: Golf mk4 got also 5x100...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise