Search results

1. VAG mechanic North London

I'll give them a bell, thanks
  2. VAG mechanic North London

Hi, Since I moved to London a few months ago, I haven't used a mechanic over here yet. My Ibiza is in for MOT soon. I think she should be okay, but she needs bushes. Car was butchered by a second-grade mechanic before, so thought I'd ask for recommendations before I ring around. Which VAG...
  3. Suspension troubleshooting

Sorry, didn't realise you replied. Same in-gear or in neutral. I eliminated some of the possibilities after doing another 2k miles. It drives tight, feels tight and looks tight. The sound became more consistant. It only seem to make a noise when hitting the brake pedal hard, or sudden when...
  4. What do you clean your rear with ...?

I de-wipered mine.
  5. 130 TDI Sport Suspension Problems

My front suspension gives me trouble regularly. To the point that I considered buying a Toyota at one point :P
  6. Anyone Recommend Bulbs?

I have the Nightbreakers, got them for only £14.95 too from a local shop. Pretty good.
  7. suspension help.!

My front bushes were making noise for a few weeks before I replaced them, didn't cause any further damage.
  8. Replacing Standard Bushes

£50 sounds good to me.
  9. Suspension troubleshooting

It doesn't make noise under turning, just when braking. edit: or turning and braking The disc sits it the middle. The only thing that worries me is I'll do over 1000 miles next week, don't want it to fail at any point. Considering that it doesn't impact the drive at all, I'll crank up the...
  10. Suspension troubleshooting

Right guys, moral of the story first. Front suspesion on the Ibiza is made of candyfloss. Problem: grinding noise from the left front wheel while light braking, sudden braking and light braking while turning. There's not much that can break on the front to be honest. What I have replaced so...
  11. Super Unleaded in the 1.4 Sport?

I personally think that unless your running 200bhp+ there's no point putting any premium fuel into the car.
  12. Bonnet respray and rain

Thanks guys. It was raining quite heavily over the last two days, but it seems OK :)
  13. Bonnet respray and rain

Hi, Just got my bonnet resprayed due to paint damage (previous owner wasn't very honest selling the car). From what I can gather from the interwebz, the paint itself dries very quickly, however the curing process can take up several weeks. The bonnet was sprayed today. Looking at the weather...
  14. 1.4tdi owners - max miles you've had from a tank?

The only thing that lowers my mpg on the 1.9 tdi is booting it around town. Everything else seems negligible. DERVs are funny like that. EDIT: Oh, it seems that I get better mileage if I keep cruising RPM to 1500 around town. Seem to be getting worse MPG if I drive lower that that.
  15. SEATCupra.net 10 years old

Congrats and a happy bday is in order :)
  16. mk4 cupra (petrol) remap and exhaust

Forum members tend to favour REVO
  17. durability 1.4tdi

Wouldn't worry. My 1.9 has 140k on the clock, afaik no work has been done to engine/gearbox/clutch so far.
  18. weird oil light problem.

I would imagine it would be some sort of sensor fault. I was also getting dash lights flicker when my battery was about to die, they would either come on for a few seconds or flicker rapidly (I know, weird). It stopped when i bought a new battery.
  19. New bulbs?

See what you've done? Now I need to get them :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members