Search results

1. Seat Leon mk1 2003 130 TDI Remote locking problem

Ok so went to the garage today and the lock mechanism module in the drivers door has had it. Just thought I'd update.
  2. Seat Leon mk1 2003 130 TDI Remote locking problem

Hi all! I hope someone can shed some light as to what is happening here. There are lots of posts with regards to remote locking issues but have found some of my symptoms have not been the same. The problem is, central locking will not lock the car when I double press lock on my key...
  3. how many miles has everybody done??

Update: Now done 181k 53 plate leon 1.9tdi. Mosty moterway mileage cam belt changed twice, alternator pulley replaced, discs and pads replaced front and rear, temp sensor replaced twice, CAT and Downpipe replaced, Nearside inner cv joint and outer cv boot replaced, Replaced N/S/F Wheel bearing...
  4. How to access/replace the front hose for jet washers? As its split.

My blue pipe was also very brittle and eventually parts of the hose cracked. All I did was cut the origional pipe from about a cm from where the pipe connects to the black rubber plug and went to the local car parts shop, bought a new hose (its just a flexible hard wearing tube) and then...
  5. Fog lights come on when dipped beam is on after brake light switch replacement

sockpuppet: Thanks for the clarification, appreciated! Cheers!
  6. Fog lights come on when dipped beam is on after brake light switch replacement

sockpuppet, Thank you very much for your reply! Much appreciated. The connectors you cleaned, are you referring to the long 'fingernail' connectors on the back of the light switch or the 'female' connectors on the wiring loom? Cheers!
  7. Fog lights come on when dipped beam is on after brake light switch replacement

Hi all, I hope someone can help me. I had to replace the brake light switch and in doing so I had to remove the lower dash cover. I have a Seat Leon 130 TDI 2003 model. When I put the lower dash cover back on and screwed it all in place, I found that when I turn on my dipped beam lights...
  8. How to - Change Brake Light Switch

Thank you very much for this guide! Found that my brake light switch had gone after getting the 'coil' warning light on my dash. I tried to remember as much as possible from this guide as I had to replace the switch in the works car park. Although the brake lights work, I have somehow...
  9. correct part numbers for the rear Skoda Fabia Wiper

Hi all, Recently my leon fabia wiper has deteriorated and so the rubber has fallen off. To note, I made the mistake of buying the short wiper but it did the job of cleaning the rear windscreen because I'm not that tall! I cant seem to find another replacement wiper from anywhere. Can anyone...
  10. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Cossie-boy, Exactly what LEE69 has said, that was my issue. You need to ensure the tray that the pollen filter sits in is sealed. All edges. Cheers
  11. Can't get this stuff off

bigbadjay: Thanks for your reply mate. Appreciate the guidance given. I thought it might be the case of re-application a few times. I'll do just that when I get round to it and will post results. Thanks again!
  12. Can't get this stuff off

Ok chaps! I got my bottle of iron x and used them on my alloys. 1. Firstly I just rinsed the alloys with water and allowed to dry. 2. Sprayed Iron X on the alloys and left to stand for 5 mins 3. Used my EZ brush on the alloys 4. Rinsed the alloys clean with water. Here are the...
  13. Simple cost effective polishing advice needed

Thanks for the help guys! Shame the weather isnt too good here today to do it!
  14. how many miles has everybody done??

Just passed the 143k mark on the original clutch and turbo too. Leon TDI (130) 53 plate
  15. Can't get this stuff off

bigbadjay: Those results look amazing! I have now ordered Iron X and when I get time doing the alloys hopefully next weekend, I'll post the results! mjstokes85: Thanks for your post, its reassuring that Iron X will do the job! Cheers!
  16. Simple cost effective polishing advice needed

Robaidh: Thanks for your reply. My car is black. For the polishing compounds, do I use poorboys black hole, buff and then apply the polishing compounds? Sorry if its a stupid question just want to make sure. marty_34: Thanks for your feedback. Going to look into those products too and see how...
  17. Simple cost effective polishing advice needed

G.P: thanks for taking time to read my thread. Appreciate it and will go for the Auto Finesse Tripple! Is this a polisher too combined or will I have to apply something else after it? Cheers mate!
  18. Simple cost effective polishing advice needed

Ladies/Gents, I have been looking at various threads and I must say there is a lot of good advice out there. A lot of what is advised is very time consuming but I understand that you guys want to have the best finish. So the exam question: After I have finished washing my car and dried...
  19. Can't get this stuff off

bigbadjay: Thanks for your reply. No I don't have any clay. I'm thinking to buy the Iron X anyway as I want something that will give me the results time and time again. So far Ive heard it works wonders!
  20. Can't get this stuff off

Gents, I have been trying to remove these black stains from my alloys. Baked brake dust I guess..It looks like a similar problem to the issue posted before. Should Iron X do the trick? Just want confirmation before I spend unnecessary cash. Thanks for the help!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members