Search results

1. chuckb

Ibiza MK4 DAB 1.4 SE Replacement code for radio

Found my old release keys, as it goes the code was on a sticker on top. However.... result of all results, rummaging through paperwork that came with car and hurrah there it was the key memory card that goes in the main body of the radio. So got brave disconnected the battery with the card in...
  2. chuckb

Mark thanks for this, I am now going to brave the elements and work out how to get the radio out of the car. Have not had to do that for a fair few years. Since my Fiesta XR2i in 1997!
  3. chuckb

Hi all its been a while, big changes in the house means that we had to buy a second cheapo runaround as well as keeping the Supercopa and Ibiza FR. Picked up the above car back in July, unfortunately Mrs B had a run in with a brick wall and it is going to the body shop next Monday to repair the...
  4. chuckb

Idle Rev Limiter

It prevents the boi racer fraternity from bouncing the needle like a metronome on speed. Wost scenario freezing engine in mid winter, jump in and rev the titties off it to make it go brrrrrm tiss how much internal damage. Its there for a reason. Just think these engines are hormonal and...
  5. chuckb

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Weekend in Dorset, blew out the cobwebs of town driving.
  6. chuckb

So I'm looking for a newer car, tried out the GTC VXR tonight

This is true, I tried one at Burnham Vauxhall in the peeing rain recently and have to say yes it stupid quick but My dislikes were the 20' bin lid diameter wheels on crappy Bucks and Berks roads, kerb rim tastic. Cockpit and console the bridge of the Star Ship Enterprise Bit front end...
  7. chuckb

MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

As long as it is better value for money than the Focus ST I am in.
  8. chuckb

Anybody gone from 1.4 TSI Ibiza to a 2.0 TSI FR?

I did and went for the Supercopa. No regrets what so ever. More leg room, boot space and less squeak rattle and bang. Mine is also now Stage one courtesy of REVO and is frankly the doggies danglies. Very pleased with it.
  9. chuckb

Jealousy ?

Focus RS Mk1 at work, stopped 5 students knocking the bejesus out of another one on campus, suspended all of them and in the end three got kicked out of College. Came out of work two weeks later and the whole of the drivers side keyed from front to back and ***** sprayed on the bonnet with a...
  10. chuckb

New Member - Bocanegra

I had Forge on my Red 59 plate Bocanegra. Seemed a bit more bwarp than the ITG, when revved and you could hear the air sucking in nicely when stood outside of it. Cons, hose routing sucks a bit on the pre battery in the boot cars is quite tight to the bracket that attaches to the front panel...
  11. chuckb

Simoniz bug and tar remover and white spirit on some old flannelette sheet squares. break down the tar and buff off. Then clay. PITA! white is the best colour but a bitch to maintain!!
  12. chuckb

First wash for three weeks. Ended up Claying the bottom half of the car, it was covered in tar. Bloody horrendous. Then paint cleaned, 2 coats of polish and one of wax. Did look mint in the sunshine! Happy New Year car!:D
  13. chuckb

Mk5 Cupra reliability

I agree with Lucifer ridiculous. I also had a look at the Veloster. Very nice. I had hoped that the new Leon would have had that kind of shape. Very nice and love the hidden door handles. Re the question of engine number I can find out from the dealership If I havent got a copy of the...
  14. chuckb

Mk5 Cupra reliability

Had to put this on for old times sake. Prior to suspension change.
  15. chuckb

Mk5 Cupra reliability

Ok here goes. Owned a 59 plate very early Bocanegra, it got through 3 engines and one gear box. Mods were Revo fully body kit Weitech 3 way adjustable coil overs all round, stiffer arb and bushes. Oh and other small cosmetic mods. Absolutely loved the car it was awesome when it worked. Reason...
  16. chuckb

A Huge Hughes thank you.

Everyone has a different experience, mine was very positive and on more than one occasion. They worked hard to sort all the problems on the Bocanegra right to the end and pulled out all the stops when we were off to Florida and without a car. Rule of life for every positive comment in life...
  17. chuckb

Supercopa purchase

Forgot to mention I had a hefty discount on the car due to all the problems that I had with the Bocanegra. I saved 3K on the car and have the 3 years free servicing deal as well. :D:D this was the main reason I bought the Supercopa instead of the Focus ST. Have the same power out put as the ST...
  18. chuckb

Supercopa purchase

Mine was 19K and I also had a credit note for accessories to the value of £400 to spend on extras. Over 3 years with gap paying £255.00 pcm Not the best but not too bad was paying same a month on the Bocanegra
  19. chuckb

Triple R FR Custom Rear Diffuser

I am in for one of those, and a front one ! Money no object time!
  20. chuckb

Thanks all it was seriously minging after the last couple of weeks of rain oh and more rain! I do country lanes to work most days and they were awful. Love white but not the cleaning! It was tar tastic at the back. Took ages to get the stuff off!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.