Search results

1. how many miles has everybody done??

now on 284k on cupra tdi. just passed another mot with only a tyre needed. 5 cambelt changes. new cam over the 6 year ownership 10/12k oil changes. still going strong Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  2. The Leon is home guys, new cam fitted

Wow look at the wear on couple of the old buckets that came off the car Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. The Leon is home guys, new cam fitted

Awesome mate cheers Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  4. The Leon is home guys, new cam fitted

yeah been looking tonight robbing gits for some hoses. car is high mileage and no plans for any performance upgrades so standard IC should be good enough its the crappy OEM pipes that let it down. can anyone confirm the part numbers listed are correct for 1,9 tdi pd150 ARL? might be...
  5. The Leon is home guys, new cam fitted

cheers gaz good to know might go with two bottom ones in an out of fmic as they are the most worn and refresh seals and clips on the others then to start with. D.
  6. The Leon is home guys, new cam fitted

Well got the Leon home this evening and shes all done drives like it did before cam failed. New Cam Kit, cam , buckets, shells. New cam belt and water pump x4 glow plugs oil and filters so made up to have her back, shes like an old pair of slippers you what i mean when you just feel...
  7. Cupra tdi ARL 150 no power

boost leak? pipe blew off possibly D.
  8. new cam cost effective on high mile pd150?

well good news, a mechanic friend of my dad owes him a few favours so hes gonna get the parts needed as he will get trade discount and do it all for £300. That my friends I cant argue with and the Cupra will live on. getting done sometime next week. D.
  9. new cam cost effective on high mile pd150?

Alot of good opinions lads cheers. Well I'm off for a week now to sort out whatever I choose to do D. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  10. new cam cost effective on high mile pd150?

It is a good price Bruce, unsure if its worth it against the the value of the car though.. or there is the second option of gathering the parts myself and going with the local spanner monkey hhhmmmm decisions, decisions D.
  11. new cam cost effective on high mile pd150?

Hi Guys Your Thoughts. My leon cupra 2004 pd150 ARL has finally fallen. Its a high mileage motorway mile muncher I've used for daily 80 mile commute for the last 5 years. currently on 267k miles and until last week was running strong and only affecting me in normal wear and tear maintenance and...
  12. Video for fitting gearbox shim and cap

done mine last week , it works D.
  13. How to help your gearbox!!! Post 2003

done this also last weekend, had a bad decell whine in 5th and a bit of clutch creep, for a tenner well worth it , box has no noise at all now, cleaner through the gears also. well worth doing took about 30 mins easy job d.
  14. Front brake sensor

clearing the code would be next step i guess. D.
  15. flywheel, crb or release bearing?

old thread but only just got around to doing something about it, i done the decell fix with gearbox shim on main gearbox shaft . £10 30 minutes work and all sorted no noises what so ever, done gearshift alignment as well. car drives better than it has done for a long time now on 260k (dont know...
  16. how many miles has everybody done??

2004 tdi cupra pd 150 just coming upto 260k, still going great getting a few more noises than i used to have of late but its still coping with my daily 80miles a day commute D.
  17. how many miles has everybody done??

seat leon cupra tdi 04 plate motorway hacker just hit 214k same clutch same flywheel, although recently got a little rumbly
  18. flywheel, crb or release bearing?

thanks for the reply, im thinking bearings the more i read, but then because of mileage is worth doing dmf and clutch at the same time if the box has to come off D.
  19. flywheel, crb or release bearing?

sorry its now on 180k all motorway miles Thanks
  20. flywheel, crb or release bearing?

Guys I have done a bit of reading and seem to have got my head a bit muddled. I have a high mileage 04 tdi cupra 150arl its still on its original clutch and flywheel. I have developed a vibration slightly noticeable on startup and idle, I also get a whine on deceleration more noticeable...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members