Search results

1. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

:thumbup: The CH's are in storage until I decide what to do with them as they need painting again, I may sell them on in the new year if needs be.
  2. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

More pics after an overdue clean this afternoon:
  3. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

Been busy whilst i'm off on paternity in between nappy changes painting my Fifteen52 Tarmac wheels Mazda bronze. New Vredestein tyres fitted today and now all fitted to the car. very different look to the BBS but loving the chunky look. Will try and get some better snaps soon when the car is...
  4. mike.ford84

Wheel thread ...

Currently trawling through instagram, no luck as of yet. Hopefully picking up a set next week :)
  5. mike.ford84

Wheel thread ...

Has anyone fitted 18" fifteen52 Tarmacs?? Really interested in seeing what they would look like on an LCR. Really like the look & seriously considering replacing my CH's with them.
  6. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

It's pretty frantic & alot of fun now! :) The map is very progressive & the gear dependant boost really helps put the power down in the first few gears. Future plans maybe 12 months down the line will probably be to change to an external waste gate setup & tubular manifold but more than...
  7. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

Had a cracking day @ Badger 5 yesterday! Car made 363bhp, really happy with the results considering the restriction the T25 manifold & internal wasted gate can have. Goes like a guided missile now :D
  8. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

Yeah I had some concerns when fitting it I would run into the above issues, touch wood in my case everything seemed to clear fine, although not 100% sure how much the comp ratio would increase taking into account the reduction in thickness..??
  9. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

Haha cheers! not on here that often ;-) The standard 1.8T head gasket won't clear the 83mm pistons, I used an OEM gasket from an ALT code 2L 20V N/A engine, works perfectly. Part No. 06B103383AF
  10. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

Unfortunately not at the moment, its not too bad without one actually & I have every intention of rebuilding a gearbox & slotting in a LSD next year if I get the time. It's going in for a custom map @ Badger 5 Friday 31st July, hoping to release some extra power and rid of the REVO Stage 3...
  11. mike.ford84

Bola B1 18x8.5 ET35 - MK1 LCR Fitment / Brembo Clearance ??

Looks like the 8.5 rota grid fits quite nicely, may give these a go.
  12. mike.ford84

I can probably get away with 6 or even 8mm spacer on the front to maintain similar offset to my CH's, but not sure if that will be enough to clear the caliper.
  13. mike.ford84

Just had an email back from Bola, they have confirmed the 8.5J wheel doesnt fit the LCR on the front due to brake clearance but the ET30 9.5J version does.. shame as I really like these wheels. Will just ahve to live with the CHs for the time being and perhaps do something a little different...
  14. mike.ford84

I've been researching for some time now and still a bit unsure whether to commit to a new set of Bronze Bola B1 wheels (18x8.5 ET35) I know there are numerous threads regarding similar wheels (Rota etc) with people fitting 9.5J version on an LCR, but the poke is a bit too extreme on the front...
  15. mike.ford84

Best 1.8T injectors for big turbo?

Seems to work pretty well actually. Really happy with the low down grunt the 2L adds. Really needs a custom map now, which I hope to have done towards the end of the year ;)
  16. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

Managed to sneak in a few hours on the Leon on Saturday. Been having some random miss firing issues so spliced in a new coilpack loom, tfsi coilpacks & tfsi loom shroud. Really smooth now.
  17. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

Need to sort the spacing out on the rear as the 15mm spacers have a bit too much poke with the CHs, so probably look at swapping them out for 10mm or maybe even 5mm. The Weitec coilovers are also leaking.... which I'm a tad more annoyed about as there appears to be no service support for...
  18. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

All built up:
  19. mike.ford84

Mk1 LCR Stroker GTX2867R

JNL Racing AGU P&P Cylinder Head:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members