Search results

1. JayCee

Burning smell with Sachs upgraded clutch??

Nope, I have had it early on with my Loba smf, but rarely get it now - only if I am a bad boy with the bite point :whistle:
  2. JayCee

HPFP Cam follower

Changed mine last weekend at ~17k, second time it has been changed. ~10k at stg 2+ and only around a third of the coating was gone, no scoring or any damage to the cam or the underlying surface of the follower.
  3. JayCee

Leon TFSI misfiring?

Most likely to be either plugs, coil pack/s or HT leads. Could be fuel related, but if it was one of the injectors it would probably be noticeable all the time.
  4. JayCee

Change in design of TFSi engine. Important issue with fuel pump and engine wear

Just changed mine today, been meaning to do it for a few months really. It had been changed by Awesome when I went stg 2+ at ~7k and I have now done ~17k. Surface coating was missing from 1/3 of the top, but no scoring of any sort on it or any obvious signs on the cam. Not too tricky to do...
  5. JayCee

Insurance Companies for Remaps - Any recommendations?

Have heard lots of good things about Greenlight but they can never match the deal I get with Adrian Flux (renewed at the start of this month). I have Business class 1 + fully comp and it is the bc 1 that ups the quotes from the likes of Greenlight.
  6. JayCee

2.0 TFSI LOBA SMF/SACHS Clutch Kit Review

That pretty much agrees with how I have found my setup post install. Still have a little smell from the clutch when reversing if you need to slip it a little and it is noticeable noise-wise when idling, windows down in the recent hot weather, but it is perfectly liveable-with and the performance...
  7. JayCee

Scraped the bottom of my car several times

I would expect a few good scrape marks on the exhaust system - it used to bottom out on my R32 when I was two-up coming out of the underground car park where I used to work...
  8. JayCee

leon k1 stage2+

What they said... Didn't get my clutch done until it started to really irritate me (post Stge 2+) with the slippage and stench - burning clutch is never nice! Might as well get it done while the car is in - if you have spare readies!
  9. JayCee

REVO vs APR (differences in potential gains)

Harking back to the advice I sought and got before I went from Stg1 to 2+, get a before and after RR so that you can see the difference in real terms in the same conditions on the same day and check it does on the road what you want it to. Anything else is subjective/irrelevant. JayCee
  10. JayCee

Leon MK2 Stage 2+

I have the WALK with uprated dogbone mount (no uprated engine mounts) and don't get the wheel skip which I did have big style even with Stg 1 prior to the WALK.
  11. JayCee

Leon MK2 Stage 2+

Puts a stop to the mad wheel-hop you can get when accelerating once you are Stg 2+!
  12. JayCee

Cupra K1 Brakes

Haha! I had someone admire the car the other day and ask what "effect" I had on the wheels - too much brake dust....
  13. JayCee

Cupra K1 Brakes

The forum search is your friend... Stock disks and pads are very good for everything except track days. I think I usually use 5w30 fully synth oil.
  14. JayCee

clutch for 350bhp & 470Nm

Ditto, with the Loba SMF. Spot on for me (350bhp / 500+Nm)
  15. JayCee

Help from those with single mass flywheel

Mines never bothered me - only really notice slightly more vibration up to ~1750rpm. Can't say I have ever noticed it on run off (too much engine and road noise?!)
  16. JayCee

MK2 Leon ownership now at an end.........

Exactly how I was thinking around a month ago, but I decided for now that I didn't have the cash to throw at a decent S4 so I am keeping my Cupra until at least this time next year. Hope you find a reasonable ****-box in the mean time Al!
  17. JayCee

No everyday question - stage 2+ pro/cons - fun vs running cost

I agree with Mark, if anything my fuel economy is the same or better since going 2+ Other than that, not much difference in costs as everything else is basically the same as 1
  18. JayCee

Piper exhaust mk2 leon

While I can't comment on the BCS or Piper, it is the downpipe that makes the difference on the Milltek rather than the back box (from my experience).
  19. JayCee

How much for a 4wd conversion?

Really? Not heard that one before, due out when?
  20. JayCee

How much for a 4wd conversion?

Now there's a class idea! Must buy more lottery tickets...