Search results

1. Blanco92

Mk4 on 18"alloys

There was a dude on here who fitted 18" TT (I think!) wheels to an Ibiza. Even with the correct 35 profile tyres they scrubbed, I can't remember if he was running 215 or 225 wide but he got scrubbing on full lock. I personally wouldn't bother, 17s are plenty big enough IMO. I have tried...
  2. Blanco92

Poor mpg pd130

On the old TDIs (non-PD ones) you used to be able to adjust the ignition timing to slightly advanced, which would help improve mpg. I'm not aware this is the case on the PDs, I think it sorts itself out electronically as there is no adjustment on the injection pump. It's a completely...
  3. Blanco92

Blanco92's Ibiza Mk4 1.2 - RIP.

I did mate, and have already done so on my second Ibiza ;) hardest part was not the wiring, but getting a wire through from the front of the car to the back of the headlight switch. Pedro did not make it easy for us!
  4. Blanco92

BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

Get on with it then :D I think I've only seen pictures of two of your Ibizas, did you miss one out?
  5. Blanco92

That's just me being a snobby tw@t, don't want to post pics until I'm happy(ish) with it. I could start an RR with the dealer pics and some teasers :p
  6. Blanco92

The part numbers that I've found to work are 1JO 959 753... Ending in either CT, AG (2 button) or DA (3 button). Hope you've got one of those? Whether 433 or 434 is printed it doesn't really matter, it's the same number just rounded up or down :) Get some pictures guys, always like seeing...
  7. Blanco92

MAF sensor location

Apart from the light being on, what is your car doing wrong? Is it running okay? I've never once heard of a failed MAF on a 1.2. I'll be surprised if it has failed.
  8. Blanco92

Looking for 17" fr alloys

Lupus
  9. Blanco92

So who washed their car today?

Great looking Leon. Glad you've carried the red theme on under the bonnet, and haven't just gone with any and every colour!
  10. Blanco92

MK4 wet carpet issue

My old Ibiza did that. There was a bung behind the scuttle panel on the passenger side front corner, the bung was loose and allowing lots of water through. I siliconed it up and it was fine since. The rear footwell is the lowest part of the car, that's why the water pools there. With regards...
  11. Blanco92

Coil pack gone

Whether or not you should replace them all depends on your car's mileage I'd say. If you're past 60k and one has failed, I'd change them all. I don't think the others will be far behind. And I'd keep a used but working one spare, either in the garage or if you're often going long distance...
  12. Blanco92

Hello There

Poor starting from warm you say. Check the battery fitted is of the correct specification. My old Octavia TDI started absolutely fine from cold, but when warm, it could take as long as 10 seconds of cranking to start. Was a bit embarrassing at petrol stations. I changed the battery and found...
  13. Blanco92

Wheel Refurbs

I did a home-brew refurb on my alloys too. VW United Grey paint and lacquer applied through a spray gun.
  14. Blanco92

mk4 cupra horn

On my 1.2 it's located down on the passenger side, between the radiator and PAS pump. I'd say it's a bumper off job to do something with it. Not that I'm aware of, let us know if you find something though!
  15. Blanco92

Removing front wings

Afraid I haven't tried it. I removed the wings, but they aren't going back on a car for a while...
  16. Blanco92

Needle sweep

Good stuff, memory tells me there was an adjustment value of 1 through 5
  17. Blanco92

key fob

I have one of these 2 button versions are also available, quite often a little cheaper too :)
  18. Blanco92

Needle sweep

That's also what I meant :lol: I've heard one or two people say the comfort rear wiper can't be done on facelifts. I've no way to test though as I don't have a facelift to try it on. So just a word of warning to facelift owners attempting it...
  19. Blanco92

Removing front wings

Yes it's quite straight forward, apart from the obvious bolts you can see, there's 2 on the lower right hand side (near to the door opening) which need to be removed. No need to remove the front doors.
  20. Blanco92

key fob

To the OP, where are you located? It doesn't necessarily have to go to SEAT, my preferred way of doing it would be to buy a brand new remote section of a flip key from ebay (approx £20), you could then find a local auto-locksmith who could provide the blade section, cut it to fit your...