Search results

1. Blanco92

Location of G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Hi all, Seems my dad is tinkering with my car while I'm away, and appears to be attempting to change the timing chain tensioner which is a common problem on pre-2004 3 cyl 1.2 Ibizas. Although to lock the crankshaft, you need to unplug the G28 sensor to insert the crankshaft hold tool in...
  2. Blanco92

Headlight bulb comparison - pics

Hi all Changed the headlight bulbs the other week. I considered HIDs but the car is going off the road for a while shortly so couldn't justify the cost right now, though I still may go down that route some time in the future. Anyway the new bulbs are "Ultra" Power bulbs H7 that are rated...
  3. Blanco92

Is this normal?

Hi all Noticed today whilst poking around the engine bay that the passenger side wing appears to have some strange shapes to it where it is mounted under the bonnet that the driver's side doesn't. The pics below describe it best. Driver's side wing mounting is completely flat whilst the...
  4. Blanco92

1.9 TDI snapped thermostat housing stud

Hi guys, A relative has a problem with a VW running the same 1.9 TDI engine we get in our Ibizas... Whilst removing the thermostat housing to replace the thermostat one of the studs snapped clean off, the head of the stud fell off and the remainder of the it stayed in the engine block...
  5. Blanco92

Rear bumper removal - or partial?

Hi guys I need to gain access to the edge of my passenger side rear quarter panel, the edge that meets the corner of the rear bumper. All because somebody/something hit my parked car and I'm attempting to repair it. My question is can the corner of the rear bumper be detached enough to...
  6. Blanco92

Grind sound on full lock

Hi all, My Ibiza has developed what sounds like a grind all of a sudden on full lock, whether it's in 1st gear or reverse. I've had a look round, can't see any visible marks from any grinding. :shrug: The car isn't lowered, and is on standard size 205/45/16 tyres. Anyone else...
  7. Blanco92

Slow running VCDS-Lite

Hi guys, Been a frequent user of VCDS-Lite over the past few years but have got a problem with the program now and I'm a bit stuck! Basically the whole program runs very slowly, even when not connected to a car! I'm running VCDS-Lite release 1.1. Once I open the program, it displays very...
  8. Blanco92

Removal of instrument cluster

Hi guys Anyone know how to remove the instrument cluster from an Ibiza? I know I need to: - Disconnect battery - Lower the steering column - Remove airbag + steering wheel Then what? Cheers guys. Chris
  9. Blanco92

Dipped beam & main beam HELP

Hi everyone I've just been and changed the headlamps on my Ibiza from single reflector to twin reflector units, and now have an issue with the dipped and main beams. Problem is when I use my main beam, my dipped one goes off. Both beams work, but not simultaneously. If anyone knows of a...
  10. Blanco92

Suspension squeeks again... maybe from the rear?

Hi all So next in the long running suspension saga with my Ibiza is another occasional squeek when going over speed humps or parking on kerbs etc, but not all the time. Cupra front rear wishbone bushes have already been fitted and were an improvement, as was the new, modified SEAT...
  11. Blanco92

Water leak passenger footwells

Hi everyone. Before I get flamed, I have done a forum search. ;) My Ibiza has a water leak on the passenger side, rear footwell is completely soaking and the front one is just damp. It's not the rear washer problem, the washer is working perfectly and the water coming in is definitely rain...
  12. Blanco92

When cars are serviced by Kwik-Fit...

The previous owner of my car seemingly knew precious little about cars, so it ended up going to Kwik-Fit regularly for any work it required. The service history is just Kwik-Fit that, Kwik-Fit this... :headhurt: Anyway they seemingly never changed the pollen filter, the pic below shows all...
  13. Blanco92

To those of you with factory fitted front fog lights...

Hi everyone Just wondering if anyone with factory fitted front fog lights can tell me if the switch has a second stage pull for the front fog lights? Or if anyone with factory fitted front fogs could take a picture of their headlight switch, that would be awesome. Reason being is I'm...
  14. Blanco92

Tyre Pressures for 16" wheels

Hi guys and girls I've got a 52 reg SEAT Ibiza 1.2 S which I've fitted genuine 16" Sport alloys to in order to replace the steelies it came with. Inside the fuel cap it says I should put 31 psi front and 28 rear (or is it the other way round, something like that!), but that's based on 14"...
  15. Blanco92

Blanco92's Ibiza Mk4 1.2 - RIP.

Hi all, Here's my 52 reg Ibiza Mk4 1.2 S 3dr. Bought it from a dealer in Sheffield for £2,900 with just 26k on it! It's had 2 owners from new, the latest one being an elderly lady, hence the rather minging wheel trims on it as seen in the pictures below! So here she is when I got her home...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members