Search results

1. BLT EGR Removal explained

Thats correct mate, yes (y)
  2. Cupra 280 low boost

Could be the variable valve lift not operating, I had a similar issue to yours where randomly the car would feel incredibly flat, it threw up no fault EML but apparently SEAT scanned it and it threw up throttle body related issues and lots of other things. Whilst it was in they checked the full...
  3. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Today I'll be replacing a smashed up front wheel arch liner that I didn't know about (looks like someone did as the sound insulation has been folded over and tucked back in under the remains), pricing up for spraying up the replacement front tow eye cover that some scrote has nicked, trying to...
  4. Suspension noises - Cupra

Now I'm out of warranty my Cupra 280 has started knocking and creaking going over speed bumps and knocking from the rear over lightly broken roads. Has anyone had similar issues and resolved them? I'll be getting the car in the air this week and could do with a starting point for my investigations!
  5. Leon 5FO - MIB1, Software Updates (Give This A Chance?)

Ive downloaded the file, when i plug the usb stick in it flashes up software dowload but then says there's no data! How did you guys get it installed?
  6. Low coolant warning

Car is having water pump, thermostat housing, pipes and header tank. Cant be worked on until wednesday at the earliest... On the plus side i have an audi s5 s line courtesy car until its done!
  7. Low coolant warning

Just to update this, the car is in on Thursday... Not impressed with the delay so I've had it parked up and pressed my bike into daily service. Briefly used it on Sunday and the leak has gone from being relatively minor to really really bad. Header bottle empty in 2 miles, small ocean on the...
  8. Low coolant warning

Had the low coolant warning pop up last night on the way home. Went to check the level and top up to find that a level wasn't easily readable on the reservoir! The coolant inside isn't pink or indeed purple but a weird brownish colour (it isn't sludgy and doesn't appear to contain oil) the...
  9. Hesitation Cupra 280

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438981 I had issues which turned out to be the variable lift system playing up!
  10. Looking to buy a Leon

I found the 150 a bit uninspiring, flat and not that good on fuel. It had beam suspension for the record. On the back of my 150 experience I'd go 184.
  11. fr tdi has got a couple of issues what do you think

Check the big lock nut that secures the outer cv joint to the hub. I'd bet they reused one or both when the clutch was done (they're single use only) and its backed off causing play in the cv to hub when on lock. Incidentally I speak from experience as I had exactly that happen to me, sounded...
  12. 1.8TSI Cupra Black Exhaust Crack/Backfire

My totally standard Cupra 280 does it occasionally in exactly that situation :)
  13. Occasional lag/poor throttle response

Just to update this. Got the car back this morning, loads of stored fault codes which all came back to the variable valve lift system... Two solenoids have been replaced and the car feels a lot smoother than previously and appears to be running spot on with no odd noises etc.
  14. Occasional lag/poor throttle response

Still not had chance to poke about, it started off ok this morning and then went all laggy. Its in the garage tomorrow so i'll point them at DV, turbo etc... I already know that they'll probably "be unable to replicate" the fault!
  15. Occasional lag/poor throttle response

Not had chance to poke around the dv yet, just wanted to add that mine is a manual... and has been fine today! Its a lottery as to whether its right or not! When it does it its like there is absolutely sod all below 3k rpm if I'm going up hill I have to change down whereas normally it'd be fine.
  16. Occasional lag/poor throttle response

Had it up in the air last night. No sign of any obvious boost leaks, all hoses are fine and tight.
  17. Occasional lag/poor throttle response

Now and again my 280 acts as if there is no turbo at all below 3k rpm and sometimes its fine. Top end power seems ok but low down, when it has a funny turn, its incredibly poor and laggy lower in the rpm range and sounds a bit "throatier" until it hits 3k ish rpm and comes on boost. Now it...
  18. Would you buy another?

Currently on my third Leon (second cupra). This one had a totally unsolvable rattle which turned out to be a surplus 8mm nut under the carpet on the drivers side! All good now and feels solid, copes with family duty very well without boring my mind to death.
  19. Should i be ashamed or impressed by myself? ;)

I dropped a diesel courtesy car back showing 54mpg on the dash... Drive back with the cupra was 16mpg showing! I have had mid 40s in the 50mph sections of the m1.
  20. difference between fr and cupra ?

Hands up... Out of all the people insinuating a cupra is pointless, who owns one? Or has driven one?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.