Search results

1. General advice on selling

Thanks. Trying to tidy it up and sort all the extras to sell for photos. I suppose I should try to find ones similar and guess a fair price.
  2. General advice on selling

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure we used to have a dedicated for sale section but can't see it now? Or should I just create an "items for sale" thread?
  3. General advice on selling

Hi guys, Been absent a long time fighting a fight which could have gone better. I have had to finally accept that I can't see myself driving again and the sadness of realising my beloved Mk1 has to go and help towards tidying things up for the wife. As I've been out of car selling for a long...
  4. New owner issues and what to do...

And for some fun you could also find the same bolt pattern on Mercedes, Maybach, and so many more 5x100
  5. New owner issues and what to do...

Replacement winder mechanisms are cheap on ebay and come complete with the backing plate and new foam. I can change those now in under a hour, practice makes perfect :(
  6. Pd130 stutter at 3k

Shame no code as at least it could have put you on a path. not on the Turbo itself but the wastegate: I really doubt it is that but...
  7. Can't find the alarm siren

Well I gave up on that idea, no clearance for the bolt to come out and no way my hands would fit in to the other side to get the connector off. Ended up cutting the wires. Looks more like a job that it needs to come out together with the ECU... which also has fixings in places only pixies could...
  8. Pd130 stutter at 3k

Any codes showing? I've got the PD130 and not experienced that as such, similar though when the EGR was blocked and the butterfly would stick. Also been a long while but I think I had similar when the vacuum actuator set nut loosened.
  9. Coolant

Volkswagen G13 coolant is a longlife coolant; replace every 3 - 5 years. It can be mixed with all coolants meeting the G12++ (VW TL 774 G) specification. Volkswagen G13 coolant is a more environmentally friendly coolant than the earlier VW coolants as it has a glycerin base rather than glycol...
  10. Can't find the alarm siren

Thanks mate, so is the connector easy to get to or take everything out?
  11. Can't find the alarm siren

I'm trying to disable the alarm going off as I try to find a parasitic draw and for now the easiest way, I thought was to just disconnect the thing. However, I've searched the area under the windscreen (which is where the sound seems strongest), on the bulkhead behind the engine As here and...
  12. Rear beam bushes

I did mine and was the most ball ache job I've done on this car so far. On the ground, no reciprocating saw and 2 days of grief. Managed to hacksaw the centre out and got one of the ebay presses but had to bastardise it to get it to work. Think a lot of the problem was where it had spent many...
  13. Any xbox one X's looking for a good home?

Being a job hunter these days is not easy and now having to self-isolate thanks to inconsiderate parents letting kids go in with symptoms. So thought I'd treat myself to some diversion and get an xbox one X.
  14. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

First I will echo the point about butyl, the time spent dismantling is just not worth having to do it twice. Regarding the change of carrier, yes I changed mine as I needed to change the window mechanism and an ebay seller was selling a complete carrier with mech as one. I was surprised that...
  15. Can't Find replacement Front Calipers. HELP!

Another option is to rebuild the calipers yourself. The usual issue is where cars have been left standing around and the piston seals deteriorate from not moving (or 2nd hand calipers sitting on a shelf). Depending on your ability and inclination to do the work a complete rebuild kit with new...
  16. Arb removal

If i remember right it is possible but you will need to let the subframe drop a little. I'm under mine tomorrow and will have a better look.
  17. WANTED FRONT ARMREST

I have one of these in use for about 7 years now, so long as you don't put your whole weight on it it's great. 4 screws and easy to fit in less than 10 minutes. The brand is Armster.
  18. Introduction Ibiza mk4 sport 130hp

Hi Gabrieeel Welcome to SCN
  19. Non-spray bumper repair?

Don't worry it's non-metallic so can survive and you can always cut it back. Your best bet is to strip all the paint, dig out any previous filler that you don't like to look of, and start from scratch that way you won't have the pain of blending in to surrounding areas. Personally I'd leave it...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.