Search results

1. Cupra Storage advice - Does it need running to prevent damage? (6month Period)

My 30916v sat for 3 years without a single look in... I have recently moved her and I needed a new battery, new oil/filter, fresh air for the (admittedly square and flat and knackered) tyres, 5ltrs of super plus and away she went on the trailer.... She's an old girl, but the the old ones are the...
  2. Contract Hire 36 months 25K a year

Anyone want to quote me on a new Cupra on contract hire, 15k non maintained over 24 months? Cheers White with black wheels and bluetooth options if possible against standard...
  3. Rain repellent glass

The gains to me, are 100 times better than the losses. My LCR lost its wipers whilst I was on the M4 in torrential rain. If I had not been using rain x, then I would have been stranded on the motorway. As it was, rain x allowed me to carry on without the use of my wipers.. Do not let anyone that...
  4. Rain repellent glass

I have used rain x for 15 years. You need to keep up to its application during the winter months-dont forget to wipe the wiper blades with a cloth covered in the stuff too! The only time rain x falls down imo, is in the summer when flies tend to embed themselves in the rain x coating! I will...
  5. Ice on inside of windscreen

The only cars I have ever owned that ice up on the inside were my Leon Cupra and Leon Cupra R! I have owned my latest car, a 70k 1.4ltr Polo for 2 years now, and it does not happen in this car at all!!
  6. am i a mug buying new?

Getting into YOUR new car must rank as one of the best feelings in life:blink: Honestly, the feeling that no one (apart from dodgy delivery/transporter drivers) have touched your new arrival borders on the pubescent fantasy scenes played out by 'most' of us!! I love the feeling of a new car(as...
  7. Brighter reversing light bulb?

You could always heel and toe the brakes whilst reversing-get a bit more light that way AND use the fog too. Practice somewhere first though:whistle:
  8. Anyone seen my old car

OY53 PHX- tell me have you seen her?
  9. Anyone seen my old car

Is she still alive? Can I post the full reg details or not?
  10. cupra fsi t V astra vxr

That sounds fair to me fella-I test drove a VXR when they first came out and to be honest it didnt feel any quicker than my well run in 210 LCR. I didnt feel any torque steer either, but there was a salesman sitting next to me, whereas I had the R26 for a couple of hours on my own:rolleyes:
  11. cupra fsi t V astra vxr

Try the R26 Megane. I test drove one (fairly hard) and there was no TS at all-I think the standard fit LSD must help, and the TCS wasn't intervening either.
  12. Running In

I have always run my cars in the same way. Light load and low revs for the first 1000 miles. I am very old fashioned and I have never ever had an engine go bang on me. As soon as the magical 1000 miles is reached I then start to administer the pain in gradually increasing doses. Warm the car up...
  13. How wrong does this look

OMG, you have had the tow bar removed!!! Well done:drool:
  14. How wrong does this look

Oh dear, I must really stay off the keyboard when I have been drinking!!:whistle:
  15. How wrong does this look

The funny thing is, I have hated and cursed caravans ALL my motoring life, however, there comes a time for some of us when money is tight. If it meant that I could have 'a holiday', ANY kind of holiday, and it meant me towing a caravan to place of natural beauty , then at this moment in life, I...
  16. CUPRA R 250KMH Limiter!!

Deary me-I was getting worried when the NSX was not keeping up with the Cupra, but in the end, it showed its true colours!!-Cupra did very well though!!:)
  17. Cupra Vs Type R JDM

I am not too sure where the straight line speed reference came from as it has no interest to me. To sum up both cars are very good but the FD2 is a lot more driver focused than the Cupra and a lot of chassis modding would have to be done to the Cupra to keep it in line with the Civic.
  18. Crunching 3rd Gear - LCR!

I have engaged reverse whilst doing 10mph without double de clutching so I would presume reverse does have a syncro on it but I could be wrong.
  19. Cupra Vs Type R JDM

hang on a min--It beat the time(according to them) of an evo round a track--most evos standard are over the 276 agreed limit-so lets say 290/300 for the evo in standard form against the 225 (PS) of the jdm civic.... Have a proper look at the figures there and have a rethink....... Have you...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.