Search results

1. Best place to buy genuine sat navigation DVDs?

Do you know if they'll be a version of the 2016 disc with 7-digit postcodes?
  2. VW massaging emission figures

Yes I got the same letter. Not taking it in though until it's proved that it doesn't affect fuel consumption.
  3. Climate control not cooling car when idling - Exeo S

Also make sure you have recirculation turned on.
  4. ST 170 Sport Tech will be going..will be for sale

For the price you're likely to get, I would have thought it would be better to 'take the cash' than trying to sell it. They really don't seem to hold their value too well in the first few years.
  5. Vibration on take-up when engine cold

I'm guessing that I'm too used to driving diesels that I wasn't even aware of any vibrations (SE TECH 143ps). Is that something you hear or feel?
  6. Why No 182BHP Diesel FR?

Yeah, but how realistic is an MPG of 54.3 on a 1.4 TSI? I would take what SEAT say about MPG with a very large pinch of salt!
  7. Longlife or Time and Distance servcing?

Hi, like others have said, it really depends on usage. If for example, a car does 20K a year then long life would seem to be the way to go, otherwise if your only going to be doing 10K per year I'd stick with time and distance. You can also weigh in if it's for a car on private ownership that...
  8. Audio upgrade advice please.

To be honest I would just change the head unit for a decent one. Perhaps one that does Sat nav. Changing the speakers will likely make it sound worse without first fitting a separate amp, but things start getting expensive then.
  9. is 36mpg normal

What's your opinion on the bluefin? A good buy?
  10. Lazy thermostat - keep an eye on yours!

Yep, I have seen the same 'issue' where the temp takes ages to get to 90 and then randomly drops back to 70. But that was when the temp outside was well below 0. At the moment it's not doing it but it's about +5-6 degrees out there when I set off in the morning. It seem like the stat is lazy...
  11. Gearchange 1st to 2nd?

I've been driving diesel cars for a number of years now and, to be honest, most diesel cars I've driven tend to be like that. In fact, if I drive a petrol now, it takes me a while to be able to drive it smoothly. One thing you learn with driving diesel cars is to take your time in gear changes...
  12. Gearbox Service Advisory?

Thanks. Let me know what happens. Mine is booked in for next week for noisy steering and the stiffness of the gearbox (2nd gear is the worst).
  13. is 36mpg normal

I've only had my car (143PS SE TECH) for a couple of months but I'm getting an average of 42MPG with mainly mixed driving. It seems to be far more economical at 30mph in 4th than it does at 60mph. In fact, driving at around 78mph seems to give me better results. Not the most economical of...
  14. Gearbox Service Advisory?

Did it fix the issue? I'm getting the same problem (groaning from steering) but only when turning the wheel to the right.
  15. Not off to a good start

bluefin Would be interested to know how to get on with the bluefin as most chip places say you have to take the ECU out.
  16. got my exeo today

remap What are the best remaps these days? Any recommendations for the Manchester area?
  17. Anyone Actually Upgraded the Leon's Speakers?

Ah? Ah! Hadn't really thought of using the existing wiring like that; good idea. Do you think the standard cabling is up to it? - mind you, it should be up to a reasonable standard! It's certainly easier than going around the whole car with speaker wire myself. You've got me seriously...
  18. Anyone Actually Upgraded the Leon's Speakers?

Speaker upgrades I'm hoping to do this too but I'm planning to do more than just upgrading the speakers; going to fit an amp too.:D Don't know yet how to route the cables from the boot (where the amps are going to go) to each door - it's going to quite difficult I know. I've already got...
  19. Leaking Doors?

No fault found I have been reading this thread with great interest over the past week or so and thought I might reply. I have a Leon 1.8SE registered in aug 2000 and I would say that I don't have a "problem" with leaking in my car. I only tend to use the car mainly at weekends (walk to...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.