Search results

1. Tyre noise!!

An excellent idea! :)
  2. Tyre noise!!

:rofl::lol:
  3. Tyre noise!!

Another idea, how about sound proofing the roof? do people think that would that make much difference?
  4. Tyre noise!!

Apologies, I guess I got the wrong end of the stick when you said 'unbearable at times'. As rf860 says strip yer interior and sound proof it - shouldn't take too long. My additional suggestion? perhaps some deeper 205/50/16's might help too. I believe it makes the speedo more accurate. Not...
  5. Tyre noise!!

Thanks for that rf860. I'm sure you are aware Seat as a brand are/were (when they brought out the Mk4) positioned within VAG with a "youthful sporty profile". I suppose that's why we have TDi Sport, FR - Formula Racing and Cupra - Cup Racing models of Ibiza. I presume Seat produced those Mk4...
  6. Tyre noise!!

I couldn't have worded it better myself.
  7. What discs?

As a suggestion Camskill have the famed Uniroyal Rainsport 2's in at the moment...people really bang on about how good they are and how hard hey can be to find(I couldn't find any when I was looking).
  8. Tyre noise!!

If it's unbearable, I wonder if you've bought the wrong car. No amount of tyre make/suspension changing/sound deadening will be completely successful judging by by some of the people harping on about the issue on this forum. My mate's got a standard Golf Mk4 with a PD130 in it and he loves...
  9. What discs?

Lawrie, you know drilled and grooved discs can sometimes make a whirring 'ffvvvvvvvvve' noise on braking? I mention it as it might bug me if it was happening on my car. I spose the sound comes with the disc's drilled holes and grooves pressing on the pads. My mountain bike does it with its discs...
  10. What discs?

I'm surprised darkhorse's Brembo Max's warped but you can't beat personal experience of a product. I don't know if this helps but here's some pics of ATE Power Discs old and new
  11. What discs?

How about these Black Diamond discs Lawrie? I have the bog standard Brembo discs front and rear on my FR and they're good. No problems whatsoever. When I fitted them I liked the build quality of the discs and would go with the Brembo Max discs over the Black Diamond drilled and grooved jobs...
  12. Coolant overfilled

I'd do what MMM says, it's good advice. Have you checked for mayonnaise on the underside of your oil cap? Have you had to top up your oil much?
  13. Reverse light question

Two glowing reports from people in this thread inc a couple of good before and after pictures, plus the super bright H7 halogen option - I wouldn't wait for my input matey. I'm looking forwards to getting the Cree bulb but have to admit I'm not optimistic about it lasting long. I don't seem to...
  14. Reverse light question

Wouldn't the heat of the H7 bulb melt the rear light reflector? I guess not as you guys haven't said so? but if left on for a while it might do? I'm just thinking out loud...
  15. Reverse light question

I've ordered one of those Cree LED reverse lights...let's see if they are any good and if they last. Finger's crossed! :)
  16. Reverse light question

I didnt realise that. Im considering one of those Cree lights myself now
  17. Reverse light question

How about one of these? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=290658968123&cmd=VIDESC&index=4&nav=SEARCH&nid=93193363913 Im not sure theyre able to pass an mot though.
  18. tdi sportrider sounds like a scooby?

All the best fella let us know how you get on
  19. power steering fluid??

I think that same sentiment when im changing a sidelight! :)
  20. tdi sportrider sounds like a scooby?

Ooo I've always kind of liked Subaru's :) I'd take it to a trusty mechanic...could be a wheel bearing.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.