Search results

1. Egr removal/delete

I's just as effective. Maybe consider getting a remap and they can turn the egr off at the same time.
  2. Help needed- Plymouth area DSG basic reset

Nah it was like that before the oil change. Only had the car 3 months or so.
  3. Help needed- Plymouth area DSG basic reset

Done last month. Think I'll must accept it and just use launch control every time! :)
  4. Help needed- Plymouth area DSG basic reset

When its cold it pulls from standstill and reverses smoothly. Once warmed up I have to let it creep and then gently apply the gas for a smooth take off. If I don't, its kinda jumpy in reverse and pulls away from stand still with a bit of a jerk. Spoke to my seat garage today and he recons that's...
  5. Help needed- Plymouth area DSG basic reset

Hi As the title suggests I hoping some one could do a reset fro my DSG on my tfsi Altea http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/6-Speed_Direct_Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/02E) Long shot... Fingers crossed..:) Cheers!!
  6. leon fr clutch

I would personnaly get the uprated clutch and enjoy the car or go back to a stock map and put in the OEM clutch. If you're paying for labour and changing the clutch anyway may as well pay a few extra hundred and have confidence it can handle the power. Also, if you want to get a hybrid turbo in...
  7. DSG reliability?

I always take a coffee in a travel mug en route to work. Dsg is perfect for drinking coffee! Obvioulsy, the left hand is needed for the occasional indicate, but apart from that the coffee is flowing! :)
  8. The scarcity of the Cupra

Looks like mines pretty rare. Am I reading it correct in that there are 33 licenced in total, or is that just for the year? https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/seat_altea_tfsi_fr_auto
  9. Calling Altea fr TFSI owners..

Do you have any letters, or a maybe a fr badge under your front indicators? My Altea is a late 2008, I was expecting there to be a 'tfsi' badge but alas, there is none.
  10. Altea MK1 vs Leon MK2

Altea are probably cheaper too as there is more demand/competition for Leon's.
  11. Altea MK1 vs Leon MK2

Ive had both and i recon If you have kids or people sitting in the back alot then go for the altea. Way more legroom in the back. Also, alot more airy feel to the cabin. Which in my opinion is alot more pleasant. Fuel economy differencs will be neglegable.
  12. DSG problems

Any update on this?
  13. Altea 2.0TFSI with DSG - HELP!

Hey. I also have a TFSI dsg altea. Just had my flywheen replaced at 58000. I diidn't have the same probs as yours but after alot of research prior to my replacement it sounds like it may be worth checking the flywheel. Apparently there are prone to failure on the TFSI. How was it driving prior...
  14. Orange dust and intermittent squeeling noise

£950 poorer, but no squeak. It was the flywheel. Jesus, never expected it'd cost that much to cure! Count yourself lucky SeatJay!
  15. Orange dust and intermittent squeeling noise

Mechanic recons the noise is coming from the flywheel. So I need to decide if I want to try a new one (£600) in hope it solves it. Or I live with it. They recon the gearbox is fine.
  16. Orange dust and intermittent squeeling noise

Definitly painfull! Its a dsg but the shifts were fine. Pulled well also. I know what you mean about a lot of work for a noise but I'm concerned if I don't get it sorted it may cause more damage. Although, maybe I should just leave it. Hmm
  17. Orange dust and intermittent squeeling noise

Car still with the garage. They've located the noise to be coming from between the gearbox and clutch if I remember correctly. Not great, they're going to have to take the gearbox apart. 8hrs work undertaken tomorrow.:cry:
  18. Orange dust and intermittent squeeling noise

Took the car to the garage again. After alot of drives and revving it was clear the noise was coming from the underside of the engine and not the pulley or anywhere near. Anyway its booked in tomorrow for the day for them to give it a good look and try and figure out what on earth it is.
  19. Orange dust and intermittent squeeling noise

Not sure. I'll check it out once it stops bloody raining. Thanks for you help.:)
  20. Orange dust and intermittent squeeling noise

Looks like I can perform that test whilst leaving the alternator insitu and just remove the belt. I'll try it in the next few days. Cheers Jay.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members