Search results

1. Rain getting in somewhere!

Hi, Mine does the very same thing. I'm pretty sure there is a thread on here somewhere about it and it's the door rubber that's the problem. If I remember correctly the water runs down from towards the top of the door. It's odd though as I can spray mine with the hose and don't get anything...
  2. Adding oem usb support?

Hi, You might just be able to get a lead as you say If not you could get one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122068517592 Mine is a 2006 and doesn't have the mp3 / Aux in headunit. It should fit but I'd double check first ( and it might disable your Aux in ). It plugs into the CD...
  3. Please Help, lighting problems

I had this on mine. Turned out to be the headlight switch. Took it apart and cleaned the contacts with some emery paper. It was a little fiddly getting the switch apart but as long as you're careful it should be ok. Cheers Al
  4. Multi function computer

From memory if you press the reset button underneath the stalk that should change it to the number 2 overall setting. Holding the reset button resets it :) Al
  5. Passenger seat won't fold - NOT as simple as expected

Sounds a bit like what happened to mine. One of the plastic clips holding the cable to the seat frame came off it's mount, just needed pushing back on again I put some pictures in this thread if they're of any use http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=394221 Cheers Al
  6. Cruise control light

Re the carbon strips. When I had mine apart to re solder the connections ( dreaded 6 dial Sport immobiliser issue ) one of the carbon strips remained stuck to the board while the other came away with the LCD. I was a little concerned at the time but they work fine ..... thankfully :)...
  7. wrong temp sensor?

I got one for my 2003 PD130 last year from VW. Part number was 06A919501A for the sensor, 032121142 for the retaining spring and N90316802 for the O-ring. Came to exactly £40 from the local VW dealer. Mine was grey and 2 pin. Once you get to it it's very simple to change but the old...
  8. Do I need a new door seal?

No worries, I think I just loosened the bolts that hold the inner door panel to the door so that I could pull the bottom away enough to get the sealer in the gap. There's a guide for removing the outer door panel somewhere on here, possibly in the FAQ section, simple enough to do. Just...
  9. Do I need a new door seal?

Hi, Same thing was happening to mine on the passenger side, the water was sitting on the top of the rubber when the door was opened and the rear foot well was soaking. Eventually found that the water was coming through the seal between the inner metal door panel and the door. I added...
  10. Seat Ibiza Fr 2004 Seat tilt

Probably not. Same thing happened to mine. One of the plastic mounts inside the seat that holds the wire had come out of it's holder. I followed a guide somewhere on here on taking the back of the seat apart. It was fiddly but got there in the end. Could be that or the wire has snapped...
  11. Immobiliser Issue?

Do you have a 130 Sport with the 6 dial dash by any chance ? If so it's probably the dreaded dash issue http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199145 I've soldered mine twice now, once for the immobiliser a week after I got the car and the second time for the rest of the...
  12. Winter Tyres

I've got some of the Kumho KW23's. Just put them back on again for the third winter. They've covered just under 10,000 miles over the last 2 winters and have about 5mm of tread left on them. They had 9mm to start with, so hopefully they'll get me through this winter before they're no good...
  13. Eurocarparts Springs?

I've just had a pair of Euro Car Parts front springs fitted to my Sport, one last month and one this after the originals snapped. I went for the Sachs ones. As far as I can tell they are very similar to the originals in both ride height and stiffness ...... well the ride is still as bad as...
  14. Faulty Electrics (immobiliser issue)

Plus if you buy a set from a breakers they might not last long until the same thing happens again. You should be able to get yours re soldered for a similar price to a set of clocks from a salvage yard and then you'll have peace of mind that it's sorted :)
  15. my beloved tdi sport 130

Ta :) I took other close up ones of each needle position so I knew where to put them back on but he's probably better doing that himself in case they're different. I found getting the needles off was the hardest bit.
  16. my beloved tdi sport 130

Hopefully .... Post soldering ... Some general shots of the harness plugs Hope it helps. Your green plug will probably look a little different in that it'll have the full purple plastic lock on it. Someone had attempted to fix mine before I did and...
  17. my beloved tdi sport 130

And another ....
  18. my beloved tdi sport 130

Ok, looks like I need a few more posts first .....
  19. my beloved tdi sport 130

I did mine a few weeks ago, definitely best to do them all. Got some pictures of the clocks in various stages of being stripped if that will help ? Al
  20. Faulty Electrics (immobiliser issue)

The needles are definitely the trickiest bit about it. Did mine for the 2nd time yesterday ( first time was for the immobiliser 2 years ago, yesterday was to fix fuel and outside temp ). Wish I'd done the lot the first time. It took me a few attempts to get the needles in the correct...