Search results

1. rsshawn

new Cupra TDi owner :)

I have always got mine direct from Seat. It's on offer (well it was two weeks back) and it's what's recommended at a price around the same as elsewhere for branded oil (even branded oil from places like GSF / Eurocarparts / local motor factors). Previous owners have used OE, so makes sense to...
  2. rsshawn

Wing replacement.

Here's the bumper remove link via Forge: http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/ibdinst.pdf
  3. rsshawn

Seat Sport Cupra brake caliper info

Just wanted to re-up this incase anyone is doing this soon. Circuit Supplies still have these. The pins are £1.20-ish and the clips are a little over £3 each. I haven't done mine yet, just collecting spares incase they are required. :whistle:
  4. rsshawn

Recolouring FR TDI alloys

Here you go... :D Close-up Full car
  5. rsshawn

Recolouring FR TDI alloys

My mate just left his silver. Will dig out a pic for you this week...(bit busy, sorry). Looked ok btw :)
  6. rsshawn

Rear Caliper Release Springs

Just called my local VW garage. Next day order. These won't help your handbrake be more efficient, it releases the caliper with the h/brake off so the discs don't bind on the pads. If your h/brake doesn't work then it needs adjusting.
  7. rsshawn

Rear Caliper Release Springs

Stumbled across this whilst searching for something brake related. Thank you, nice info and worth a go for the money. Just ordered these so will fit them with my new brakes very soon. Just over £5 total from VW.
  8. rsshawn

Ibiza Cupra TDI Wheel arch rust

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347021 Good luck...
  9. rsshawn

Really noisy wipers

Clean and polish your window so they are wiping a smooth surface if you haven't already. If your window is covered in bugs or dirt then not only will they not wipe correctly, you'll probably end up knackering them and you've wasted your cash.
  10. rsshawn

New front wing?

Both those wings require attention. First has dented corner, second has dent near indicator. Does anyone know if the SEAT pattern wings are any good - a decent fit? Pattern panels generally aren't upto much fit-wise and you end up doing more cutting and shaping (and extra ££ in the body-shop)...
  11. rsshawn

Head unit fitting problem

Yellow wire is perm live feed and connects straight to the battery (so the unit remembers the settings, but draws very little power), red is the switchable live and tells the stereo to turn on with the ignition and off when you remove the key. These are sometimes in the 'wrong' configuration...
  12. rsshawn

Rusty front arches

^ yes. The corrosion warranty is for 12 years, does not mention it has to be the first owner. Also, it even covers those who have had repairs before - as long as you can prove that it has been repaired to the manufacturers specification. Proving it has been done to that standard could be the...
  13. rsshawn

Anti-corrosion Warranty.

Do you know roughly what your depth figures were? Anyone know what they should be near about from new? Does / would polishing affect this much?
  14. rsshawn

Rusty front arches

Keep 'em coming. Even if you don't have photos yet, register your interest and send those details to mymorph (post #45 further up this page). :)
  15. rsshawn

Rusty front arches

Is nobody else bothered about approaching Seat and wanting to hopefully get their arches sorted and for free then? :confused: Mymorph has asked people to send general details about your cars to try to get a resolve on this (he's not asking for your addresses) and so far he only has two details...
  16. rsshawn

Rusty front arches

How about collating all the info from members on here and approaching Seat on-mass? Seems to be cars of the same age and mileage with the same problem which Seat are over-looking. If the info is presented together then they may start to look at it seriously rather than rejecting individuals...
  17. rsshawn

What is this pipe? And where does it go?

^ that's a heat-shield. Can you see the spike on the floor above it? There is a clip which fits on that which holds the heatshield up. Can't find a picture of it, but looks like a washer with prongs on the inside which grip on the spike. They aren't expensive, and the shield won't do any harm or...
  18. rsshawn

Warning light! Help please!

Just a quick reply to say thanks to those on this topic and other relating to this fault. Had the EPC light come on as I pulled into the drive. First thoughts after a search were the Alternator wires snapped, but thought I'd check the bulbs after seeing the glow plug flashing (after another...
  19. rsshawn

Cupra horn - what's yours sound like

You need to remove the bumper on a Cupra TDi to get it - I've tried and can't get my hand through and round the small fog-light hole. Definately won't get any tools in. You can see the horn through the grill, but access isn't good. :cry:
  20. rsshawn

This noise is driving me nuts! HELP!

Bear with this, worth checking as I've known it on other cars. Is it definately an engine rattle? Is there anything in the ashtray that can cause it? Coins or keys that could rattle? I know you said it doesn't do it from cold, but if you don't come on too much boost from cold then the revs might...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members