Search results

1. Turbo flutter?

So I was paying attention to the boost gauge today on the way to and on the way home from work. Seems that this flutter noise has gone from 5th and 6th but the boost is still not consistent or smooth in 6th it gets to a certain point while accelerating and the boost gauge starts jumping up and...
  2. Turbo flutter?

Forge 007p, bmc twin cone, sfs 3" tip, and stage 1 map.
  3. Turbo flutter?

How do I narrow it down to whats causing it then. Will having logs done on my car point out the fault then?
  4. Turbo flutter?

I mean it only bounces in 6th not any other gear, well besides the spike. How bad of an impact is this having on car? So first thing I need to change is the n75 then. Do you know the correct p/n for this as I have seen quite a few floating about on here? I love how cheap these cars are! Lol
  5. Turbo flutter?

I'm guessing surge is not good? Is this because of the map i have on the car?
  6. Turbo flutter?

Hello mate! Not sure I wasn't paying any attention to it when I was hearing this noise but had a quick look today and the small hose that goes to the top of the Dv did have a slight tear in it so I've sorted that out but not taken it for a spin yet. I'll see what it's like tomorrow on my way to...
  7. Turbo flutter?

Cool well I'll give the oem valve a go tomorrow and see what happens. Hopefully this will be a simple fix and not cost me an arm and a leg.
  8. Nick’s Silver LCR 225- update BMC Twin Cone vs BMC CDA

:lol: yeah I know mate it's just all the hassle, I don't want to waste anymore time or money sending it back. I'll just take the hit and learn from my mistake! I just can't believe a company would think it would be acceptable to let that go out the door looking like that! I suppose they think...
  9. Turbo flutter?

No, ill try that tomorrow and do all the normal tests on the forge 007 to make sure it operating properly. I have recently serviced the dv about 2 months ago. Only thing I didn't change was the spring. I'm still running a green spring on a stage 1 map. Not sure if that needs changing to yellow...
  10. Turbo flutter?

I've just installed a sfs 3" tip and bmc open cone on my cupra r and took the car out for a spin today and in 5th and 6th gear accelerating from low rpm I've got this turbo flutter. Is this anything to worry about? Im seem to be finding mixed commets on various sites such as its common when...
  11. Nick’s Silver LCR 225- update BMC Twin Cone vs BMC CDA

Cheers buddy. Cheers mate!:D Ok cool, can't wait for the rain to stop but think I'm going to have to wait awhile now. Forecast here is heavy rain for the next week :( damn British weather! Got the filter from Bill, he does the BMC cone for £35 plus VAT and the BMC twin cone for £48 plus VAT...
  12. Nick’s Silver LCR 225- update BMC Twin Cone vs BMC CDA

So I got a bit impatient and couldnt wait for the weekend. So I decided to fit my SFS tip and BMC filter today when i got home from work :D. Another thing as well as the heatshield looking rubbish its just as bad to fit. None of the holes lined up properly and the hole for the MAF was to...
  13. Nick’s Silver LCR 225- update BMC Twin Cone vs BMC CDA

Cheers mate. Yeah most likely will make my own now at some point. What is the thickness of the sheet metal you got and where did you get it from?
  14. Nick’s Silver LCR 225- update BMC Twin Cone vs BMC CDA

Cheers Tom! Cant wait, def want it to be more vocal than anything really, my cars as quite as a mouse at the minute. Nice for driving to work in the mornings but not when I want to put my foot down. I'll try and get some before and after sound clips.
  15. Nick’s Silver LCR 225- update BMC Twin Cone vs BMC CDA

Update Had my package come from Bill toady! Really looking forward to fitting it this weekend along with the sfs tip :) Be good to finally see what i've been missing out on all this time! Only thing is I'm not too impressed with the quality of the heat shield, looks like someone got a...
  16. Team GTR - Leon Cupra R

:drool: looks mint! Really liking the smoked side repeaters, smart!
  17. t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Looks stunning as usual mate! Have a good one tomorrow hope the weather holds out for you guys!
  18. water pump impellar - plastic or metal

I would of thought most people would suggest the metal impeller as the plastic one does become brittle over time unlike the metal one. I just had mine replaced with a metal one a few months back and they showed me the plastic one that they had removed and it was falling apart bits were just...
  19. A few pics of my Black Magic LC...

Car looks great nice and clean. I love a clean car! By the way love the number plate it's quality I want one now lol.
  20. insurance

I'm 23 and fully comp with direct line and it's about £600 a year
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members