Search results

1. should you store a tyre pump in car during winter

My dad said I shouldn't store a tyre pump (electronic) in the car over night (winter and summer) as condensation will mess up the pump. Is he right?
  2. Where can I source these light covers?

Thanks Guys, got it replaces outside of warranty......very nice of Seat to do that.
  3. Where can I source these light covers?

Ops... Just realised car was registered 6th Nov 14 and I think warranty is 3 years.... I should have addressed the cracks last month when they appeared.
  4. Where can I source these light covers?

Also, is there are difference between 5F0945207C & 5F0945095B - they both look exactly the same
  5. Where can I source these light covers?

I've just realised that my rear light cover is cracked which has in turn caused my indicator to stop working, I therefore need to source a new one but there's one on ebay but one of the two metal lugs is snapped off...
  6. Engine oil change - remove the screw (1.8 tsi fr)

Think i found it....06L103801
  7. Engine oil change - remove the screw (1.8 tsi fr)

I didn't, sounds like I should have.....do you have the part code?
  8. Engine oil change - remove the screw (1.8 tsi fr)

Got it guys, it's a flat screwdriver, you need to push the screwdriver right you (on the face of it, it looks like a huge screwdriver is needed but you don't. Oh, also no need to remove any under tray. It as easy as jack up car and remove sump plug.
  9. Engine oil change - remove the screw (1.8 tsi fr)

I meant the Sump plug
  10. Engine oil change - remove the screw (1.8 tsi fr)

Hi guys, just about to change my engine oil, the screw (to release the engine oil) seems to be a special type of screw (flat head philips screw) within a special housing. Does anyone know how i can remove the screw without breaking anything? Thanks
  11. Part number for oil filter and air filter 2014 1.8 tsi fr

Thanks for your help Chis, hope you have a great week.
  12. Part number for oil filter and air filter 2014 1.8 tsi fr

Thanks Chis Would you know when I need to change spark plugs and would you know the part code for them?
  13. Part number for oil filter and air filter 2014 1.8 tsi fr

Hi, I've tried taking my oil filter out to see what part number it is but I can't work it out as its faded. Does anyone know what part code it is and also for the air filter? Thanks
  14. Road trip (london to south of France)

If we are only focusing on south France (i.e. Monaco, nice, cannes, Frejus & St Tropez) where do we stay. Can anyone please give me a one liner for each area and where they recommend we stay. Just me and wife going). Not sure if we are going Marseille yet. We want to stay at a nice good value...
  15. Road trip (london to south of France)

Thanks, London multi storey carparks are steep- £20/hr ish. Surely there's street parking that is free in some places? Probably not Monaco though..haha
  16. Road trip (london to south of France)

Oh, forgot to also ask what should I be looking out for if I'm considering breakdown cover and insurance (I think, may be wrong though that for car insurance, default is that you are covered on a third party basis due to eu law).
  17. Road trip (london to south of France)

What is parking like in Monaco, nice and cannes?
  18. Road trip (london to south of France)

Thanks Richard? Any ideas where I can learn about parking rules for south France? I'm guessing it doesn't work in the same way as here.
  19. Road trip (london to south of France)

thanks, I was thinking about this. What are the border controls like and would we need anything like a visa to enter in switzerland/france?
  20. Road trip (london to south of France)

Considering that we only have 5 days, and the places I want to go so far (let me know if you think we shouldn't visit them), how would you plan it? i.e our first stop etc
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members