Search results

1. Stevo1

Bet you didnt know the Ibiza Cupra R came in this colour!?

Its a good job the cupra has such an aggressive horn ;)
  2. Stevo1

Cupra vs 350z

Agree the traction control isnt amazing. Its not the fact that it cuts in a bit late (I like that feature) its that it cuts in far too serverely and clumbsily (much like the Seat systems - although not that bad!!). Mindue, when it is peeing it down, you thank god for it. I know I would have...
  3. Stevo1

Cupra vs 350z

Well they are a dealership, say no more. It is the latest generation of the VQ engine series (VQ35DE if you want the model) - Nissan have been making VQ engines for the last 12ish years. Nissan ranges use this engine as well as Infiniti and also Renault in their Vel Satis.
  4. Stevo1

Cupra vs 350z

IT IS NOT A RENAULT ENGINE! Simple as. Its a Nissan engine which Renault borrowed for the Vel Satis V6. As for the Clio's, that is COMPLETELY different. Its 3 litre instead of 3.5 for starters! Once again Clarkson is wrong! Not that there is anything wrong with Renault engines. They make...
  5. Stevo1

Cupra vs 350z

A low 14 car @ ~100mph. High 13's have been achieved as stock. Not quick by any means, but not a 15 second car (unless you have a complete **** at the wheel)!
  6. Stevo1

Cupra vs 350z

Does sound about right. My 350Z actually feels slower than my old cupra purely for the flat torque curve. The Z is faster, but not by too much. Up to 80ish theres not a lot in it, which you would expect, but at higher speeds it pulls away. Straight line speed really isn't the reason I bought...
  7. Stevo1

Bye bye Cupra :( ........ but hello......

I tell you what, rear wheel drive is seriously fun / scary!
  8. Stevo1

??? No it's not. When you look at all the imports with under 20k miles on (half of which have been clocked) for £15k then it might appear so, but it is at least 2k cheaper than any other UK GT spec car. Believe me, I have been checking daily for about 4 months!
  9. Stevo1

53 It was owned by an MD so has done a few motorway miles. And 225, yes, the sound is one of the best things!
  10. Stevo1

£17k, I got an absolute bargain :). UK Car, 52k, GT Pack, Rays lightweight wheels. 2k cheaper than any other ive seen, in that colour especially. I studied autotrader for months though, so I knew when to pounce when a good one came up!
  11. Stevo1

Yeah the cheap ones are imports. I originally decided to get one, but in the end I changed my mind and saved up for a UK spec. You can tell an import as they have square rear numberplates btw. They are more expensive to insure, don't have warranties, have different suspension (unless they are...
  12. Stevo1

Quite looking foward to learning how to properly steer from the rear!
  13. Stevo1

350z :cartman: Finally my beloved cupra is going, being replaced with the Z. The cupra has never really put a foot wrong and is the best car ive owned so far. It is so quick for a little hatchback. It feels quicker than the Z and probably is realistically just as quick to about 90. But...
  14. Stevo1

Turbo Lag!

Forge 007p can reduce lag between gear changes
  15. Stevo1

Jezzer's big mouth

Its criticising cars he doesnt like in a comical fashion that makes him different to everyone else on TV. Nobody is going to be put off a car just because Clarkson says it looks crap. He changes his mind half the time after a few weeks anyway! Just look at the cool wall, there are some...
  16. Stevo1

Cupra and Golf clubs

Driver out and its fine. 3 wood will still be ok left in
  17. Stevo1

Engine management light help!!!

It can be due to a multitude of things. Find someone with VAG COM so they can have a look and check it definitely is that sensor.
  18. Stevo1

does anybody still enjoy their mk3?

How does your car feel compared to stage 1 Martin?
  19. Stevo1

does anybody still enjoy their mk3?

I do enjoy mine and its the only car ive had that still suprises me after a year. 2nd gear in freezing temperatures when the boost surges in is always good. However, mine only has a remap and i still break traction in 2nd and even in 3rd in the wet, in a straight line, so I just find it...
  20. Stevo1

Revo reliabilty issues?

I get more mpg since being remapped. Of course that changes if you go into mental mode but hey :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members