Search results

1. ash101

PD170 Stuttering Problem Solved

So... has it made a difference!? I don't know is the honest answer haha! I'm going out later on which involves some town driving and motorway so will see how I get on and report back! Dev what was ur verdict on the egr gasket mod. Any update???
  2. ash101

Cam belt

I had mine done on my 2007 fr 170 a few months ago .Just like urs it had only done 36000 I also had my water pump done as well at the same time. The guy in the garage showed me the old belt and it was like a new one. But it was a gamble I wasnt prepared to take £315 now could save you a...
  3. ash101

PD170 Stuttering Problem Solved

Yep just checked it now defo t50 torque !!!
  4. ash101

FR 170 tdi egr gasket mod.

Cheers Nath . Yeah I seen that post thats what made me try it out. I was just wondering If anyone else had done it. Im a bit paranoid about the Dpf Lol!! Cheers Mate!!
  5. ash101

LOL hastily is the rite word when it comes to them poxy DPFS. How often does urs Regen mine regens about once a week aprox every 300 miles.
  6. ash101

Hi. Iv just fitted the moded gasket to my fr170. The car seems to be much smoother and there seems to be less turbo lag.But im just wondering if anyone else has fitted one to there fr 170 and have there been any problems with the dpf eg regening etc. cheers.
  7. ash101

Fr tdi engine note strange once warmed up

Iv been having a very a similar problem wtih mine Iv been chasing it for weeks but I think iv cracked it today. Looking back I had my cambelt changed about a month ago and I dindnt realise it then but my symptoms have been there since having it done. After some research on the net I realised...
  8. ash101

fr 170 dual mass flywheel.

Cheers D..B hope u enjoy ur new curpra!!! Im just about throwing the towel in myself. Iv had it a year I bought it with 25000 miles on it and its now at 40000. In a year iv had to replace- Abs pump maff sensor dpf sensor rear wheel bearing. So it hasnt been the best LoL but its...
  9. ash101

fr 170 dual mass flywheel.

Hi. My fr170 is playing up Again symptoms im getting are- -Pulsating clutch pedal if I rest my foot on it. -Slight judder when I start to reverse -vibration through chasis and steering wheel from idle to 1500 rpm -engine at idle changes from quite and smooth to loud and harsh...
  10. ash101

egr delete

Does the eml light come on with the moded gasket??? If not I might give it ago.
  11. ash101

egr delete

Yeah iv seen the gasket mod in another post.But there is something wrong somewhare the egr is opening and colsing at idle causing rough idle.Iv cleaned the egr and it seems to work fine but I think there is something telling the egr to open when it shouldnt.
  12. ash101

egr delete

Yeah been thinking about the effect on the dpf theyre dodgy at the best of times. My egr is playing up so i thought a delete may be an option.
  13. ash101

egr delete

Anyone had a egr delete on there fr 170 yet?? If so have they had any problems.Any warning lights on dash,rough shut down etc. cheers
  14. ash101

Just bought new Leon mk2 diesel fr, couple of questions....

It sounds like a regen.Next time it happens take it for a drive for about 20 mins in 4th gear at 2500 rpm.It should sort it. As for clutch sounds like there may be a problem there you want to get it checked out.
  15. ash101

Could my Dpf be on its wa out.

68 is the block .2 means 2nd row 1st is idle 2nd is soot mass/loading cant remember now what was in the 3rd I think it may of been lambda - 6 % or something
  16. ash101

Could my Dpf be on its wa out.

Sounds like your DPF is healthy and working fine to me. Maybe look at other reasons for the problem like MAF sensor, EGR valve or a leaking boost hose. Yeah im happy now that my dpf is fine. After doing some research on the net I found out that the figure in vagcom meas block 68.2 is the...
  17. ash101

strange problem anyone else had the same thing

How often do u notice it???
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members