Search results

1. Death of my Mk1

Just thought I'd check in one last time. My 2002 Mk1 TDi was finally taken to the Big Scrap Yard in the sky. At just a fraction under 200,000 miles she rolled in on the original clutch, wheel bearings, steering rack and engine. She's been a great car and in 16 years she NEVER broke down...
  2. Losing power on each start

Latest update: I checked the rubber pipes and all seemed to be ok. But I also gave it some Wynns EGR cleaner. So I've been out and cained the arse off it in 3rd gear at 3000rpm+ and it seemed to run a bit better. Tried stopping and restarting and the "limp mode" type condition seemed to still...
  3. Losing power on each start

Yeah, the engine used to smoke, and Wynns stopped that. As well as BP ultimate diesel.
  4. Losing power on each start

Hmm, interesting considering I used Wynns No Smoke oil thickener about a year ago. Could this affect the turbo?
  5. Losing power on each start

When you say "necessary equipment", is Wynns turbo cleaner worth doing?
  6. Losing power on each start

thanks for that! I'll check the pipes. I have previously replaced some of them so its worth a check again.
  7. Losing power on each start

It's a 1.9 TDi
  8. Losing power on each start

Hi, Just recently, my Leon has been very sluggish when I start it. Not even on a cold start but even a warm start. It feels like it's in Limp mode (is there a Limp mode on the Leon mk1?), BUT, after I push it in 2nd gear, up to 3000rpm, it then "releases" and gives me more power...
  9. Leon 2002 - Electrical problems

I changed the key fob battery a few times, but it's not worked in years. Not sure if the problem is the fob or the car? I'm not too bothered about the key fob really, the other things would be nice to fix though.
  10. Leon 2002 - Electrical problems

Hi, Non of the other doors activate the internal lights when opened. But the central locking does open all doors when I use the key in the drivers door, but not with the wireless fob. thanks
  11. Leon 2002 - Electrical problems

Hi mty12345 Many thanks for that. I've changed the door lock mechanism but still have internal light problems. As for the brake sensor light. Do you know where I should look for the broken wire? The sensor end seems fine but I'm assuming that the wire goes inside the car and connects...
  12. Leon 2002 - Electrical problems

Evening, Just putting this one out there to see if there are any suggestions as to what happening to my 2002 leon. Over the past few years the car's electrics have gradually started to fail: 1. Fuel door release button doesnt work and release mechanism doesnt respond. 2. Remote...
  13. got a spare front near side window

My old front nearside windows dropped into the inside of the door last week! Thought it smashed into pieces, so I bought another one online. Turns out the old one survived. So now I have spare window. Selling for a £25 if anyone needs one? Happy to package it up for courier if you...
  14. Reconditioning brake caliper

Hi, Do you have a link for your readers guide? thanks
  15. Reconditioning brake caliper

Evening, I'm going to be dismantling and reconditioning my rear brake caliper tomorrow. I'm fine with taking it off but not so sure about removing the brake pipe. I assume it's a case of unscrewing the pipe end from the caliper body? Then after, how should I prevent brake fluid from dripping...
  16. Front brake sensor

When you say "the small piece of sensor", which bit do you mean? Also, I use the Torque android app to read the ECU, but it returns no fault codes even though the brake warning light comes on on the dashboard!?
  17. Front brake sensor

Got new front brake pads on my mk1 bit ever since fitting them I've had the wear sensor warning going off when I start the car! Very annoying! The wire is probably broken but I'd rather just override it and crimp the wires together. So I did that and the sensor warning light still comes on...
  18. Leon Mk1 electrics going to pot!

Guys, I've got a Mk1 Leon TDi 2002 diesel and progressively over the past few years the electrics have started to fail. 1. Key fob for central locking hasnt worked in years 2. Fuel release switch doesnt work. Tried replacing the switch AND the actuator for the fuel door. no luck. I now...
  19. how many miles has everybody done??

02 Mk1 Leon. 171,000 miles. had two timing belts + water pumps. numerous other fixes.
  20. Changing lock barrell on Mk1 Leon

Just had to share this experience and hope that someone can benefit from my hindsight. The door lock barrel on my Mk1 leon seized and (at one point) nearly jammed the key in it! I thought, in my ignorance that to replace the lock barrel would require removing the entire door card and inner...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.