Search results

1. Craig Senior

Recommended After-Market Hands-Free Bluetooth Kit

I have a Parrot MKi9100 fitted to the Kuga. Works perfectly with my iPhone 4S, small discreet screen and wireless controller. Voice dialling works fine and it handles & plays music very well from the phone either connected through the supplied cable or by Bluetooth. I have an 8GB USB stick...
  2. Craig Senior

2011 Winter Tyres - What are you opting for?

Mine are on now. Smart's were fitted last week - Vredestien Quadtrac 3's on steel wheels. Kuga changed yesterday - Dunlop Wintersport 3D on 17" Alloys. Photo mid-way through, 19" Summers on the front & 17" Winter on the rear. Slightly different - Bridgestone Dueller HP Sport &...
  3. Craig Senior

2011 Winter Tyres - What are you opting for?

I was struggling to find winter tyres for the Smart last year as they aren't common sizes so I finished up fitting Vredestein Quadtrac 3s to it. These are classed as an all season tyre but also carry the snowflake symbol. I was a bit wary of what they would be like in the snow but figured that...
  4. Craig Senior

Winter wheels

Couldn't agree more with the post above. I got a second set of alloys to make things easier to swap over. The Wife's Smart has a spare set of steels wheels (Freshly powder coated black so they don't look odd, as the alloys on the new Smart are black) and I managed to pick up a set of OEM...
  5. Craig Senior

No longer a SEAT owner...........

It's noticably taller than the Altea, getting the bikes on the roof bars will be fun.
  6. Craig Senior

I'm near Dewsbury. Roads aren't too bad up there, it's the rain you need to watch out for:( Did give me a excuse to go look round a Brewery & buy beer though. we did the Fort William to Mallaig steam train, Loch Ness, Falkirk Wheel, Alnwick Castle & Hadrians Wall + other stuff here &...
  7. Craig Senior

A week in Scotland seemed to be a good test for the new Kuga. West Yorkshire to Fort William, Inverness & Edinburgh then back via Newcastle & Hadrians Wall. 1053 very comfortable miles in 6 days! Couple of pictures I took while I was up there:
  8. Craig Senior

Altea XL rear sunblinds???

Not sure about the mirrors but I would assume that if it had the symbol then it should have the feature. Have you tried keeping the lock button on the remote pressed for 5 seconds when locking it? This may fold them in, it did on mine.
  9. Craig Senior

Altea XL rear sunblinds???

I had a 57 plate which was the first year to get them fitted. Mine was a 08 model year factory order, if I had got one from stock then it wouldn't have had them fitted. My guess would be that the dealer messed up the spec list, not unheard of, the Ford dealer listed my Kuga as having...
  10. Craig Senior

Say "Hello", to Tictac.

I had an additional 12V socket wired in behind the panel under the stering wheel and then ran the cable up the side of the dash to the corner of the screen for the TomTom. Had it on the Leon, the XL and just had it done on the Kuga! Enjoy the car, got rid of mine a couple of weeks ago...
  11. Craig Senior

Winter tyres

Looking at downsizing to 17" but would prefer alloys (They look nicer than steel:whistle:) Just struggling to find any without having to pay dealer prices as I would prefer OEM ones rather than aftermarket. I have a bit of time yet before they are needed so hopefully something will turn up.
  12. Craig Senior

Winter tyres

I need some new ones this year after changing cars, only trouble is that 19" winter tyres are bloody expensive & second hand Ford Kuga alloys are a lot harder to find than SEAT alloys! Needs a bit of looking into I think, would get another set of Wintrac Xtremes though as they performed very...
  13. Craig Senior

Well, after an 3.5 yrs in a 04 Leon Cupra TDI followed by 3.5yrs in an Altea XL Stylance TDI the time came for a change. I was very tempted by an Exeo ST but fancied something a bit different and decided on a smallish "SUV" After looking at the Skoda Yeti, VW Tiguan and Nissan Qasqhi I...
  14. Craig Senior

Snow / Winter tyres for Leon.. What size?

From memory it's 5x112 ET54 for the leon (same as my Altea)
  15. Craig Senior

Electric folding wing mirrors

I have a 57 Altea XL Stylance and the mirrors always fold from the keyfob no matter which position the switch is in. Just need to keep the lock button held down until they start to move. Mine doesn't work sometimes if I'm walking away form the car but I think this may be because the battery is...
  16. Craig Senior

SEAT 7 day free insurance

We've used the Mercedes free insurance a couple of times when getting the Smarts. Still changed over our own insurance and used that but the dealer always recommends using the free insurance to tax the car as they get the certificate sent straight through instead of having to wait for a cover...
  17. Craig Senior

Winter tyres

Mine were swapped back this morning. car feels different now, turn-in is sharper but ride is harsher. Need to give them a good clean before they go away for the summer now.
  18. Craig Senior

Kubica Rally Crash....

Couldn't agree more, I believe Petrov was only retained this year because they had Kubica (The Russian money would have helped a bit as well) Petrov isn't a team leader, neither is Senna, be interesting to see where they go now if he doesn't come back soon. Hope things work out for Kubica...
  19. Craig Senior

Winter tyres

We the Wintrac Extremes are proving to be great again. If only more people had them then the roads would be a much better place. You end up having to stop on hills, get out and push the car in front to get then going, then get back in yours and drive off without drama. Until you get...
  20. Craig Senior

12v Power Sockets

Mine only work with the ignition on (MY08) I had an additional one fitted below the steering column to plug my Satnav into and thats been wired so that it's always live.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.