Search results

1. red line fun

Timing belt question

Yeah it's a valid point, cheers for applying some logic :)
  2. red line fun

Timing belt question

Hi All I have a 2008 FR TDi, approx. 90k on the clock. At present (and not likely to dramatically change any time soon) I do hardly any miles. Working from home and a bit of a hermit, so the car is used maybe twice weekly, local low mile trips. Because I hardly do any miles, I intend to keep...
  3. red line fun

Engine undertray and rear heat shield

Cheers. Yeah I think I'm happier with the undertray being replaced.
  4. red line fun

Engine undertray and rear heat shield

Horrendous noise driving home last night. Checked underside of car this morning and noticed rear heat shield that's located above exhaust box was loose. Thought that was the culprit. Phoned AA. Engineer came out and advised the actual culprit was the engine undertray, see attached. Clips...
  5. red line fun

Leak, any ideas?

Cheers, tbh can't smell anything but haven't got that close. I've been out for few hours here and there and patch still very defined, so I knew it wasn't just water based. Couldn't work it out due to levels being ok, wasn't thinking about diesel!
  6. red line fun

Leak, any ideas?

Cheers. I'll get it booked in hopefully next week to be repaired. I'm only using the car a couple of times a week at present and travelling no more than circa 10 miles from home. Is it ok to run the car in this manner until I can get it repaired? And, sorry if stupid question, is that diesel...
  7. red line fun

Leak, any ideas?

Hi, couple of weeks back I noticed a patch on my drive, roughly directly underneath where driver sits, that sort of area. Rain hasn't budged it and it shows no sign of clearing/drying up. I've been checking levels and they appear to be fine. Although no pic, the windscreen washer fluid level...
  8. red line fun

SEAT Leon Review (2020)

Good review however I feel the same. Yes cars can grow on you (I wasn't a big mk3 fan when it first launched) so I'm happy to correct myself if I change my opinion in a few months time. However I have my doubts. The exterior just doesn't do it for me and, although I appreciate it's the...
  9. red line fun

SEAT have ruined the LEON

Certain cars do seem to be marketed more as devices these days as oppose to what they are i.e. cars! I'm getting ever closer to 50 so I accept I'm not their target demographic. However neither am I a technophobe. I welcome and enjoy tech when it does something USEFUL. Yes this is obviously...
  10. red line fun

The first image of the all-new CUPRA Leon

Very good point. Somehow, speaking on a mobile (held to your ear) is deemed too dangerous, and yet cars have essentially become mobile 'devices' with touch this, touch that, touch the other … and yet this is deemed okay/safe? Strange.
  11. red line fun

I was watching a 'day in the life of ...' vlog on YouTube a few days back, girl in China driving to work. She had the news playing on the infotainment screen whilst driving! The narrator said something like 'and she can catch up on the news on her morning commute.' Not saying that's legal in...
  12. red line fun

As the years roll by, it will be interesting to see how reliable these (critical) screens are. Give me good old fashioned actual instrument displays any day of the week. This is the unfortunate thing. If this trend continues, less and less cars will have dials, knobs etc. For those that want...
  13. red line fun

This is the thing. Cars increasingly have configurable things like interior disco lights, different augmented exhaust notes, 5 different driving modes, 10 different ways to configure welcome and goodbye lights etc etc. I suppose some people like tinkering with all this 'stuff.' Me? I prefer...
  14. red line fun

It is undoubtedly true if you were to line various cars up beside each other these days, badge hidden, it would be very difficult to pick out certain makes/models unless you're really into your cars. What's making it even worse is all this guff about design ethos etc within certain brands...
  15. red line fun

My initial reaction is I prefer the look of the mk3, which is fine cause I'm looking to change from my 12 year old mk2 and might just opt for a good deal on a new/nearly new mk3 :) However as others have said this might change, especially once I see one in the metal, I might prefer it. Whether...
  16. red line fun

Further image of the new SEAT Leon teased before January reveal

Design and 'progress' over substance.
  17. red line fun

What's causing the grinding noise?

Thanks again all, will use my usual place or other independent.
  18. red line fun

Thanks all, I know you'll be disgusted but I'm pushed for time at present, a job I could trust a Kwik Fit type place with? My garage tends to want the car booked in, left for at least 1/2 day etc and I just don't have time for that just now.
  19. red line fun

I did notice the car not appearing to move on shallow inclines when brakes not on. The front calipers where replaced last year and the rears cleaned up as the garage (who are good that way) said still some life in them. So it could be a binding caliper, cheers. Will get it investigated, might...
  20. red line fun

When I brake, I hear a grinding noise when the car is coming to a stop i.e. once under 10mph or so. I don't hear the grinding at higher speeds, just when going very slow. I was assuming it's a brake thing as the noise starts/stops if I lift my foot on/off the brakes however all pads are...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.