Search results

1. Cupra Vs Cupra R

If you want a faster car and can afford it buy an 'R' why would you not want a Cupra with more power better brakes and better suspension.
  2. Tyre thread - Which do you recommend?

I have avon zz3, they are good tyres. Wet grip is good. They are comparable to the pilot sport 3's i had on before, certainly felt good in the continuous rain we've had. I've heard bad things about the Hankook tyres, friends who have used them advised giving them a wide berth
  3. Tyre thread - Which do you recommend?

i got a good price on some Avon ZV5 and i have been very pleased. Had the michelin pilot sport 2 before and i dont think they were worth the extra 50-60 quid a wheel. Wet grip has been great with the Avons, quiet but i can't comment on the wear as only covered 1-2k on them so far.
  4. 312mm or 288mm discs?

312mm brakes were an upgrade on the facelift LC. The pre facelifts have the smaller disc size.
  5. Take my Stage 1 LCR to Stage 2, or save and get a 2.0T K04 car?

i was having a similar dilemma with my LC, love the car looks and drive etc but was it worth keeping it and chucking some cash at it (thinking that whatever i spent would be less than a new car) I decided i would mod and go stage 2... i think i made the wrong choice. for every upgrade there's...
  6. Drive shaft rubbing on anti roll bar

i got mine from ebay but i think dpmperformance do an FK one with big loops, think awesome gti do as well
  7. Right fitting decat - 1.8t Cupra

I didn't fancy the job on axle stands so got a garage to do it, the had to cut The original to get it out, but charged me 80 quid to fit, hour and a half Labour.
  8. LC intercoolers

No worries mate, still an hour left on the item lol. I mailed the vendors but they couldn't say either way. I was thinking like you, that it'd just join the original throttle body and pancake pipe, cheers for the pic, looking at yours the bends etc look in the right places.. Second kit does look...
  9. Just got my Cupra! Question though...

As above... I've had all 3 go on seperate occasions, in my case the symptoms were: Temp sensor = audible alarm on start up(5 beeps), red flashing light and A decreased mpg Water pump = temp would rise to 90 as normal, eventually it would start to rise over 90 but temp would drop when I stopped...
  10. LC intercoolers

Cheers slim, that's what I wanted to hear.. As a man who's done it would the second link, with the mk4 pipes fit the LC or is did you just buy the twin pass an custom pipes? If custom could you tell me what you used? Cheers
  11. LC intercoolers

if i went down the ebay route
  12. LC intercoolers

cheers guys, first thing id do is order the mikalor style clamps.. i found loads of welly/toyo threads but after a lot of searcing on here the twin pass guys are happy with their setups and had an easier install as well, plus i dont have to worry about future proofing cos i'd never progress...
  13. LC intercoolers

Wanting stage 2 but havent decided what intercooler route to go down.. Just wonered if anyone could tell me if either of these would fit? i prefer the idea of twin pass, wont be changing my turbo and the twin pass seems to be a much easier route/simpler install...
  14. Interior trim Facelift Cupra.

i dont know why someone would change 2 doorcards, lol. unless he broke two taking them off... which are the odd ones, front or rear?
  15. Folding wing mirrors!

my facelift 03 is the same, standard seats, no folding mirrors etc
  16. Interior trim Facelift Cupra.

in the facelift LC you should have black cloth at the top half of the door cards, unless you have leather seats, in which case i believe the top half of the door cards should be leather
  17. Torque app and obd2 scanner

lol yeah well thats what i thought, but it all seems as it should be weights an estimate 1308kg+my weight+subampetc+petrol in tank(1litre=1kg), fuel tank 12 gallons, boost adjustment 0, volumetric efficency 85, mpg trim 1 and obd speed multiplyer 1 (wheels are the standard 17")
  18. Torque app and obd2 scanner

Ok so new tablet in hand, and EML code on the dash, i thought i would try the torque app and bluetooth scanner.. fairly straight forward to set up.. once i realised the code was due to the decat and no spacer i thought id have a play.. 0-60 time comes up 6.8 HP at the wheels comes up...
  19. Servicing advice

^^^ He has a very valid point, by the time it comes to move on i think any price difference would be negligable.. prior to my LC all my cars were way past FDSH, a clean car, lots of receipts and someone who cared about the car were my priority.
  20. Help!! Loss of power and turbo lag

where'd you put the t-piece in mate? any lights?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise