Search results

1. Mk3 Leon MPG - 2.0L / 1.4TSI

1.4 TSI 140hp is an excellent engine. Its fun but able to go with very little fuel. My best motorway run was 65mpg.
  2. Parking sensor problem

I have FR Leon with rear parking sensors. Just recently they started having a problem. When engaging reverse gear, system does not give out the normal beep. It waits a bit and gives out a lowish tone and sensors dont work when near object. So I figured one of them is out. Has anyone changed a...
  3. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Thanks, Im happy with the results. So far holding well :) I did 4 heavy coats with about 10-15mins between.
  4. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Some plastidipping today.
  5. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I havent really paid attention to it maybe Im just on correct meds.
  6. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

A bit slow journey in a slippery weather in my 1.4 FR. Thats 61.4 uk mpg. Car full of people.
  7. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Installing amplifier under passanger seat.
  8. Spark Plugs

I was thinking about changing spark plugs for the car in question. Im going for Bosch Y5KPP332S plugs. Does anyone know if this matches OEM plugs? Should I use something else?
  9. FR is fast but boring

And if you consider the lighter weight of the 1.4, its probably pretty even.
  10. Seat leon 2015 FR 5DR thule roof bars

What kind of problems? I have used G3 roof bars with my 5 door FR Leon without any problems. I use G3 bars because they were cheapest I could find and good experiences before. I only need them a couple of times a year so looks are secondary.
  11. EPC and engine light ------ PLS HELP

How many km’s on the car? Sounds like a waterpump issue.
  12. Installing Fan washers

I bought these and they were perfect. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401490666501
  13. Improving manual gearbox shifts mq250

Installed these yesterday. The original bushings were really soft. Just took the car around the block and it feels a bit better now! Also I think my gear knob sit originally a bit higher then its now after the install, so thats added bonus. We will see if it cures the problems with faster shifting.
  14. Installing Fan washers

I ordered the heated versions from Hongkong. They came in two weeks and cost about 7€. Fitted them both in under 5 minutes and they work perfectly! I had a problem with the original drivers side washer not always spraying properly but now its fixed with these :clap:
  15. Improving manual gearbox shifts mq250

Thanks :) I think its the same box? It may need to be adjusted but I dont know how its done. I was thinking about letting the dealer have a crack at it but Id rather do it myself with time and patience..
  16. Improving manual gearbox shifts mq250

I have not been very exited about the mq250 gearbox shifts in my 1.4 FR Leon. Shifting is not smooth, sometimes 3rd or 4th gear just dont go in the first try. I wish I had dsg.. It seems mk7 Golf is suffering too and I found positive comments for Dieselgeek gearshifter shaft bushings. I...
  17. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

My car is manual. And no need to tap into battery. Box gets its power from the sensor wiring. RS box has settings between 0-6. I think it just adds more boost through out the rev range when going higher. 0 is stock power.
  18. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

I cant say yet. I dont think there will be much difference. It will probably mess up the computer readings a bit. I upped the settings from 4 to 5 and it feels pretty good. There is clearly more torque and power now. So far Im happy with it.
  19. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

Well the box is now installed and it was really easy. Since its winter I really cant tell how much more power I got. Wheels keep spinning in stock form also in almost every gear. But atleast no faults came up during test drive. I kept the potentiometer in default position. Ill update once theres...
  20. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

Thanks.. I understand how it works. Revo would be ok, but its so long journey to get one. And I want to try this so I dont make permanent changes to the car. Lets see how it works. Im not looking for big gains.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members