Search results

1. Mk1 Leon Cupra Facelift - Spares or Repairs

My Mk1 Facelift Cupra is up for sale. Jan 2004 53 Plate. 81,000 miles. Owned the car for 9 years. It wont get through MOT due to the airbag light being on. Car is now SORN and has no MOT. Long version - Car has previously had water ingress which soaked & killed the airbag module. I have...
  2. Airbag light issue

Hi All, After 8 pretty faultless years my Mk1 Leon Cupra cant get through its MOT as the airbag light is on. I have had water ingress in the car which the garage diagnosed as having fried the Airbag module. I have therefore bought, and they fitted, a brand new airbag module off eBay but this...
  3. Replacement side mount intercooler

Not from memory but it was a couple of years ago now and the brain isn't what it used to be! Also lag did seem to reduce but TBH I only fitted it to reduce inlet temps so that is what I concentrated on and it did drop them by a couple of degrees.
  4. Replacement side mount intercooler

Sounds like a boost leak to me.
  5. Aftermarket Rear ARB, do any look stock??

The whiteline ones are silver but do have yellow bushes in the droplinks........
  6. a voice of experience on re-mappin/mods

If you want to take the power to 280-300 then you will need to replace the turbo and manifold at some point as standard they will do 230-240 BHP max. Seeing as this is the case the likelyhood is that any mods you do to the standard turbo, such as TIP and downpipe, will need to be replaced when...
  7. what air filter are people using?

Green Cotton Panel for me.
  8. airbag light on!!

Yep thats sounds right - when my airbag warning light was unplugged it went off and then straight back on again after self test.
  9. airbag light on!!

Also does the air bag off light come on when you turn the car on. If the plug is out of that then it will trigger the airbag light too.
  10. Liquid Leon gauge question ?

Also if you leave the gauge on the main menu for a couple of minutes it will shut off.
  11. where to remap

I had my APR remap done by Tuningwerkes in Croydon. They seem like a nice bunch and they do APR and REVO remaps.
  12. Nightmare MOT

Not sure where you are based but Creation Motorsport on Ebay are selling a used downpipe/cat for £70. It is pick up only though in Birmingham. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Leon-Cupra-1-8t-catalytic-converter-2002-/160614853674?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2565642c2a
  13. Nightmare MOT

The engine/gearbox has mounts in 3 places: 1 Engine Mount and 2 Gearbox mounts technically. It hangs off 2 mounts one on the engine and one on the gearbox. The 3rd mount (the dogbone mount) is the engine/gearbox steady - which is physically attached to the gearbox - and is under the engine...
  14. Nightmare MOT

Yep disk are solid at the rear - ventilated at the front. sambryant is just trying to save you money on the 2nd hand downpipe if you have the money available I would buy a new Miltek with sport cat (imagine Seat one is much more!) instead but it will be another £350ish on top.
  15. Phillips Blue Vision or Osram Nightbreakers

Seat have MOTd my car with HIDs in and I only got an advisory for: "Bad Beam Pattern due to fitting of aftermarket Xenons."
  16. LC - metallic noise from front

Probably Cat heatshield - the bolts rust and die letting it rattle.
  17. Adjustable rear ARB setting, with R32 front ARB

My clips and plates didnt line up properly so I had to use a pair of mle grips to squeeze them to fit: they didnt hold the arb on by themselves though - mines 22mm however.
  18. Adjustable rear ARB setting, with R32 front ARB

With my Whitleline I attached the Arb to beam, dropliks to arb and then pushed the old bolts out with the new ones and then attached the droplinks to the arb. Then tightened up the arb to beam brackets.
  19. Rattle from rear

yep front and rear back box hangers
  20. Adjustable rear ARB setting, with R32 front ARB

On my Cupra the shock bolts were east to get off for me too - once undone the trick I used was to push the old bolt out with the new one so the shock couldn't drop at all.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise