Search results

1. Armrest

Ive fitted one of these, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Jetta-Bora-Mk4-GTI-Center-Armrest-Black-Cloth-/220579141164?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335b8a962c#ht_9347wt_1344 Fitting is identical to OEM ones, Seems ok to me for £38 Top might want some thicker padding in the...
  2. Replacement battery for Seat Leon Tdi110 SE 52 plate

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335775
  3. Ipod in-car lead

That was some use of the search function! I've hand an iPod system and still got and use a connects 2 system, works a treat Easy to install, Remove the HU, Connect the leads to the CD changer ports (they only fit in the one slot) Leave the 30 pin I pod connector somewhere accessible (glove...
  4. New Battery to buy - Any Ideas

Ive just used car batteries on-line No problems, prompt dispatch, Rob
  5. Remote key question

There are 3 parts to your key A Physical Cut Blade (the silver bit that starts the car) A Glass bulb immo chip - this deals with the electronic immobiliser but has no effect on being able to unlock the car remotely or with the key in the door (if its the key style above its wedged in the...
  6. Remote key question

I did mine a few weeks back Less than £50 inc a cut blade and a new transponder Both of the bay, Key was £39 + £2 P&P blade was about £5 + £2 p&p - cut from a photo (i was surprised it worked to!) Work's a treat and looks the bis, Pm me if you want to know where i went, guy was great...
  7. seat aura head unit

Yup i got one installed, workes really well
  8. Leon centre seat belt not working

Make sure that the seat is clipped back properly They don't extend if its not locked upright as i found out and thought id broken mine last week Rob
  9. Tow bar questions

Mine tows well Got a fixed witter, seems fine Largest ive towed is a 7 boat canoe trailer fully loaded, Wind resistance was the biggest problem, but cruised at 55/60 nicely. Weight wise ive had a fair weight in hardcore in a trailer no problems Mines only a 110 tdi with no mods aswell :)
  10. Wiring to glove box????

If you take the blanking box out of the changer slot and the radio out you can run the cable behind (its tight and fiddly to do I then filed a half moon out of the blanking trim (on the bottom edge) Worked a treat, dosen't show up at all and i figure that bit of trim is the cheapest bit to...
  11. Leon wont start. Help!!!!!

You'll have to open the doors manual. The immo chip inside it should star the car for you though. you current one might have a doggy connection or just be old Rob
  12. Glow plug error code - Car now shakes on idle

I had my glows go in the winter, Sounded rough as you describe but she didn't throw a code. Testing them only 1 out of 4 got hot, even that didn't glow per say. Although there's a afterglow facility it can be disabled by blipping the throttle. (>2000 RPM) Seems to warm at the minute for glow...
  13. Failure to start until fifth attempt after glow plug harness replacement

If it fires even for a second, the glow plugs have done there job, The cutting out is most likley fuel related, Does the immo light stay on?, ruling that one out early on. IF its cutting out without an immo light then: Have you moved and of the fuel pipes, allowing air into the system...
  14. mmissin

When i was taught to drive i was told the way to make a care kangaroo was to drive badly. Sorry nothing useful towards your problem
  15. mmissin

Driver Error?
  16. Difference between 1.9TDI 90Hp and 150Hp

That Was Brilliant Muttley I've herd so many people try to explain it and fail badly (not saying ive been successfully) its that kind of post that needs to be stickied Thank you for a very informative post!
  17. a year in a mk1 tdi

I'm not saying a Petrol cant be better than a Diesel, I'm Sure a Blast in Cupra R would be fantastic but id feel sick when i looked at my trip computer. At 21, with a car not Essential to me i had a choice A 1.6 as a step up from my 1.4 or a 1.9TDI. Having had a V70 D5 on loan and having...
  18. a year in a mk1 tdi

Glad to hear someone having fun:) Will of had mine a year in June. Its been so good, Problems: Limp mode - my fault to gently, Thrashed it and never had it back. G62 - Replaced Door Seals - Silicone Thermostat - Replaced. Its on 99,400 and i bought it on 91,000 Not driven to work but...
  19. Much needed help from you diesel drivers please

Diesel's can inject more diesel then there is air to combust with. The black soot you can see is the result. A little bit is normal as the fueling map wont match the air density 100% (changes in temperature) If its getting excessive it points towards a lack of air (boost leak or filter etc)...
  20. Much needed help from you diesel drivers please

Black is unburnt Diesel Blue is Oil - BAD! White is water - Ok in small doses, due to exhaust condensation but bad in large quantity! Mines puffing a tad of black on startup, hoping a service and fresh fuel filter will sort it.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.