Search results

1. New Ateca

Seat certainly look to have got the design pretty good. I am looking to order one soon, but can't make sense of the safety & security optional equipment. The advanced comfort & driving pack plus has a small 2 against it meaning it is for DSG only. The only feature that relates to a DSG...
  2. Towbar for my Freetrack

Hi You need to be very carful connecting into the existing wiring of a modern car. Gone are the days of using scotch locks. You have a cam bus system on this car and if you simply clip into a wire you risk allsorts of problems, even risk shorting the ECU. The Freetrack has a towing...
  3. Towbar for my Freetrack

Hi You need to be very carful connecting into the existing wiring of a modern car. Gone are the days of using scotch locks. You have a cam bus system on this car and if you simply clip into a wire you risk allsorts of problems, even risk shorting the ECU. The Freetrack has a towing...
  4. windscreen wipers

If you start the car with the wiper stalk on auto it can take a short distance for the wipers to operate. Mine has always done this from new. The answer is to move the stalk to the off position then onto the auto position, with the engine running. You should find they should operate as long...
  5. Towbar for my Freetrack

Freetrack towbar On the subject of the reverse sensors not deactivating. I had the same issue. I fitted the Seat branded tow bar and genuine electrics. Everything worked at plug in except the reverse park sensor de-activation. I put up with it until the car needed a service. When I took it...
  6. Space saver wheel

Space saver spare wheel I have just put one on Ebay. it is the one for an Altea and has never been used. it includes the polystyrene tool tray. I have started the bidding at £60 as this cost me £140 new. Might be of interest.
  7. tow electrics question

Towbar electrics As i understand it the Freetrack was already wired with the supplementary wiring within the car. All that is required is a wiring loom from the control module unit behind the RH rear light. the towbar loom simply plugs into this with a loop to pick up the reverse sensors so...
  8. Touch up paint

Hello I have had damage to the bumper of my Freetrack as well. After several attempt to get touch up paint and even to find out what the coating was, I took it to a body shop. They patched in the chips and scratches with spray paint. They told me it was a base mid grey paint with a satin...
  9. Altea FR towing

Further to the above message, the numbers you require for the towing weight are the 2 lines under the actual VIN number. The 1st is the total car weight inc passengers, luggage etc. The 2nd is called the total train weight and is made up of the 1st weight plus the towing total weight. Take...
  10. Altea FR towing

The maximum towing limit is set out on the VIN plate under the bonnet. I think from memory it is the 2nd and 3rd weight deducted from each other. This gives the maximum total weight of towing. My previous Altea had a limit of 1400kg, which I believe is fairly common for the Altea range. The...
  11. Freetrack TDI injector replacement

The main problem is that there has found to be problems with the injectors and harness which can cause the ECU to shut down the engine. This could be at any time not just tick over. Some cars have shut down at speed. They could cause rough running but dont confuse this with the rough running...
  12. Freetrack TDI injector replacement

Hi Yes mine is a 170 BHP TDI engine. I am not sure if the other engines have the same issue with its injectors. This is a known problem with these engines in the whole VAG group for a particular model of injector. I read about it over a year ago when VAG were being pushed into a recal. My...
  13. Freetrack TDI injector replacement

Hi all Thought you would be interested in that I have just had a service at my local Seat dealer and they told me there was an outstanding recal, despite the fact I had not had any notification from Seat. They checked the injectors and replaced all 4 of them. I had not had any problems...
  14. tow electrics question

Tow bar electrics The standard seven way relay does not work. On my previous Altea I made up a wiring loom myself, but had to use a smart relay. The part cam bus electrics, uses one bulb for the rear light and brake light. It simply varies the power to make it duller for tail light and...
  15. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Tow bar and towing limit I have a removeable tow bar I purchased from Seat and it works well. As already stated the tow limit on the literature states 1400KG. I have read that Seat upgraded the Freetrack in about April 2008 so its limits were increased to 1650KG. The problem I have had is...
  16. Freetrack 4 and winter tyres

I got a set of 16 inch Continental winter tyres last winter. Had them fitted to a set of steel tyres. All I can say is what a transformation on cold and icy roads. I didn't realise it was possible to have such good traction. You need to make sure the rolling circumference is the same or very...
  17. Calling all Freetrack Owners

Freetrack fuel mileage my diesel one does about 32 MPG when used on short local journeys. On runs on motorways I get about 42 MPG. Towing my 1200KG caravan it averages out at about 27 MPG. I have never worked out the mileage to a tank full as I never let the tank go past 1/4 contents. They...
  18. Freetrack takes the snow and ice with ease!

Freetrack I believe that next year as you say the MOT will tighten in respect of particulates. There is a date from which a car would need to be fitted with a DPF and I thought mine, which was registered in March 09 would not be involved. It would be interesting to confirm this date. As...
  19. Freetrack takes the snow and ice with ease!

Freetrack Following another thread on winter tyres, the Freetrack on these is unbelievable. I have had chance to really try it out on hard iced snow. It accelerates, brakes and steers as though it is on a very wet road not ice. It seldom seems to flash the traction control light. I was...
  20. Winter Wheels

Winter tyres put a set of Continental winter tyres 205/60/16 on my freetrack a couple of weeks ago. realy came into there own this last week. Very impressed with the grip even on frozen snow today. I know I have 4WD but very little wheel spin at all. Only down side, just heard on radio...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.