Search results

1. Funny noises

Had something similar happen to mine. Chirping when taking accelerating and when I take my foot off the accelerator and when at the end of hard breaking. Turned out to be the Wishbone bush had split and any forward motion caused the squeak.
  2. Fog lights???

I've just upgraded my front bumper to the Facelift one and used these...
  3. Magnex TDI Exhaust

Thanks for the info, still need to find out the bore.
  4. Magnex TDI Exhaust

Have been looking at Magnex XSS11 and the XSS11/SK and cant see a difference in the kits. Does anyone know what is different between these two? and also what is the bore?
  5. Chuffed with HIDs

I bought mine from Diane-shop in Aus$ and it worked out through Paypal to be £39. If you wanted your headlights to look more stock in colour you could always go for a 4300K bulb.
  6. Chuffed with HIDs

Or even 4 of them strapped to the bonnet to go Rally stylie :p
  7. Chuffed with HIDs

I was thinking of doing a HID conversion on one of those 5 Million Candle Power Torch's http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9829512/Trail/searchtext%3ETORCH.htm as they take 55w H4 bulbs.
  8. Suspension advice

Anybody tried out the H&R Comfort kit? As I'm after a 30/30 drop. And where's the best place to get it from?
  9. L C Charles - Crewe

Just been quoted £45 + vat for transponder to be encoded in a blank key. :(
  10. can we still get discount at eurocarparts?

They list bolt on ones for my cupra when i wanted push in ones, I ordered 413440400 & 413440401 and both were bolt on.
  11. MK3 Cupra Part Numbers

Don't know if this has been mentioned before or even if it of use to anyone, BUT i have found a russian site with pictures and part numbers on. It is in Russian but if you click on a name most of the time it displays a picture, then when you click again all the part descriptions are in english...
  12. Size of hosing on top of DV

I bought some 3.5mm ID hose from GSF for £2 a metre.
  13. Coilpack Split

Just got in from work and checked the new square coil pack and it seems to have moved quite a bit so i guess you do have to bolt them down.
  14. Coilpack Split

Just got in from work and the replacement Beru one I ordered is a bolt on one. Is there a kit or something for bolting these on with all the stuff that goes on top the old ones? or is it just o.k. leaving as is. Just glad that my cars running again only gonna take 30mins to get to work...
  15. Coilpack Split

Had a misfire on the way back from town, warning light came on and I thought it might just be a bit a moisture from all the snow we've had. Today started the car and permanent misfiring so checked the coilpacks and :wtf: Bloody thing is in 2 pieces :censored: Just ordered a...
  16. Smoke from sterring column????

If you take the cowling off the steering column you see the ignition wires go under the column but above it the indicator and wiper wires go. On mine if you adjust the steering all the way up the wiring tends to rub on the cowling or further down where the hinge is. Reckon it's most likely...
  17. Thatcham listing for MK3 Cupra?

I'm with Adrian Flux and never had a problem with this, but yes there is a Thatcham Category Type 2 Immobiliser fitted to all Seat Ibiza Cupra's.
  18. Overheating!! what a nightmare!!!

I had the same problem with mine, if I kept it under 2k revs it stayed at 90 but if I took it above that it would go straight to 120. Apparently the impellor is plastic and cracks on the spindle, But I managed to order a brass one for it for £24 brand new and took it to my friendly...
  19. Insurance quote with Tesco which alarm??

The alarm is a Thatcham 2 http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49592
  20. Thatcham listing for MK3 Cupra?

I did post the original letter off SEAT, but it must of been weeded out. Well here it is again
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.