Search results

1. FR_MATT

Matt's Red Ibiza FR TDI on RHs, with added plywood and plastic :)

I was just looking for an old image in this thread and thought I'd add that I still have this:
  2. FR_MATT

Help needed badly with stereo install

I think someone must have messed with your wiring, as I have that exact same head unit and connects2 adapter and it just worked without need for swapping wires. My standard head unit and this one both turn off with ignition though Edit: to say the connections seemed quite stiff to get properly...
  3. FR_MATT

Thanks. This is were I bought them from, the seller also has wider ones for sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182191231088
  4. FR_MATT

Cheers, black for now might paint them another year
  5. FR_MATT

mk4 ibiza remote window closure vagcom coding request

It's old software that uses a serial port I seem to remember
  6. FR_MATT

Finally fitted these Polo skirts after buying them from ebay.de about 2 years ago: I designed brackets for the splitter, had them laser cut, then folded and welded them together myself: Test fit: And with crashbar in place: With the splitter mounted: All together with...
  7. FR_MATT

I wasn't overly pleased with the look of the arches as they had puckered a bit when I trimmed them down. I ordered some different ones from Russia and set about fixing my binding front brake and lack of handbrake on one of the rear calipers. Front brake issue was obvious when taken...
  8. FR_MATT

All ready for a busy "weekend": No going back from here! Had to resort to an angle grinder quite soon after this as the dremel blades lasted about 150mm each lol Rear ready to have skins welded, no pictures of the welding as it wasn't pretty haha: ...and reason why...
  9. FR_MATT

A very long overdue update! Had a run in with a rather high kerb, the angle it hit meant my wheel took all the force don't think my tyre even touched the kerb :( Luckily I have a few spares of the same wheel so for christmas I thought a colour change was due: Standard christmas...
  10. FR_MATT

Remap?

I had mine mapped to 170 bhp / 300 lbft at a similar mileage. Last year at 145k I had my map tweaked due to fitting a fmic to 183 bhp / 320 lbft, still on original turbo/ flywheel and clutch. I've owned it since 34k and while it does get well used I have always been careful to let it warm up...
  11. FR_MATT

Cheapest retailer for A.P.pins...?

I think I've read that Clio V6 have the same callipers and was cheaper to find parts advertised for them
  12. FR_MATT

another egr Q

at the manifold if possible less chance of it leaking on the other pipework if you aren't removing it
  13. FR_MATT

Perforation/Corrosion Warranty - wheel arch bubbled

It's a sponge/foam bit inside the wing that appears to start the rust. I've seen very few people get anywhere with the warranty but have seen some!
  14. FR_MATT

Needing Opions

They're 16" ones the same as my spare wheel. I have these "bolt on" sort of spacers: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111680873433&alt=web There's advantages and disadvantages to both styles (ones you found are bolt through) if you google you'll find them
  15. FR_MATT

Needing Opions

Steelies can look "interesting" with a bit of "creative flair" I did this to mine once upon a time: This was using the cheapest spray paint from eBay Then I got more civilized and brush painted them hammered Hammerite Grey: I'd try to pick up some cheap used coilovers instead of cutting...
  16. FR_MATT

Fitted the cooler, lots of noise now and massively reduced my intake temperatures , having a service in 2 weeks time then will be popping along to CC-Tuning for a dyno run and map tweak if needed and to map out the EML as I've removed the MAF and the ASV Dubfiction:
  17. FR_MATT

hi need some help

96kW = 130 bhp
  18. FR_MATT

Handling Improvement

Rear anti roll bar makes a big difference to turn in feel and cutting out a lot of the tendency to understeer
  19. FR_MATT

EGR Cooler delete....talk to me.

Yeh to start with I'd just pull the vacuum hose off the egr and block the hose. Then just pull the coolant hoses off the cooler and connect them as per my photos. Should be okay like that temporarily. Then you can decide what to do with the egr delete and mapping out the light.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.