Search results

1. 2019 Cupra door leak

Thanks, I think you're right as I can't see anything about this anywhere. I'll book it in.
  2. 2019 Cupra door leak

Does anybody else have this? I have a small leak from the top of the driver's door. The passenger door isn't leaking but water does seem to be sitting on the inner part of the seal. I guess it will be going back to the dealer but I'll be surprised if my car is the only one affected. It would be...
  3. esp light always on

Had any work done on the steering/suspension? Is the steering wheel pointing dead ahead when the wheels are straight? I had this after some work and that was the cause. Re-alignment of the tracking sorted it.
  4. Vibration on braking

As much as that makes sense, the wheels were swapped from front to back when the tyres were fitted so we can rule that out too. I'm going to email the company I bought the discs from tomorrow but there are a couple of places nearby that skim them on the car so will see what they charge.
  5. Vibration on braking

The problem pre-dates the tyres plus you would think that would cause a vibration at all times wouldn't you?
  6. Vibration on braking

No I bedded them in gently and mechanic has confirmed they're fine. He checked them for run out and one side was out due to corrosion on the hub so he cleaned it up and now it's running true. Also the problem started on the old discs out of the blue. That said I have read that sometimes even...
  7. Vibration on braking

Hi all, my cupra r has had this problem for a while now and it's getting worse. Basically under light to moderate braking at speeds in excess of 30mph the steering wheel vibrates and this has progressed to the entire car shaking now. I've changed front discs and pads but it hasn't helped. I've...
  8. Clutch/dmf

My clutch has just started to slip under high engine loads so I'm looking to get it replaced but I'm after opinions on whether it's essential to change the dual mass flywheel as well since I'd prefer to keep the cost down. I have no symptoms of a failing dmf whatsoever. The clutch and dmf...
  9. Gearbox is shot !

Used is cheaper for sure but it may go pop 2 miles down the road. Go recon. I've had one in mine for 60k now and it still feels great.
  10. Shuddering/shaking under braking and clunking noise?

The knocking may be your exhaust. I had the same, only on tight right bends and it turned out some of the mounts were missing. £20 worth of welding fixed that. Give the exhaust a shake from side to side and see if you can get it to knock without too much effort. You can't rule out wheel...
  11. Puff of smoke under load

Thanks, can I log fuelling on the free version of vag com? Anything else that would cause over fuelling?
  12. Puff of smoke under load

A couple of times recently I've noticed a fairly large puff of smoke when accelerating hard in 4th. I wouldn't say it's blue, maybe brownish but you can appreciate I've just spotted it in the mirror when I'm not looking for it. Don't get any unusual smoke on start up or any other time. Any...
  13. Remap HELP!!!!

Do a bit of searching and reading on here mate. There is more info on this subject than you could wish for. 260 bhp/260lbft from stage 1.
  14. Remap HELP!!!!

You didnt say it was modded. All stage 1 maps are generic. You may need a stage 2 set up on a rolling road. There are revo dealers who can do this as well as plenty of other companies. Post up your mods and someone will advise accordingly
  15. Remap HELP!!!!

Revo website shows all their dealers on a map
  16. more advice

Mine is remapped and i run 95 ron fuel. They just leave the boost and timing settings a little more conservative than they would otherwise. Leaves it about 10-15 bhp down on what you could get with 98 ron
  17. SFS 3 Tip & Jetex Cone

If it had been squashed it would have gone oval. Looks a definite case of suckage to me lol! This doesn't necessarily mean a design fault, just perhaps a one off failure. It happens
  18. SFS 3 Tip & Jetex Cone

Does look like it's been sucked in doesn't it?! Have you contacted whoever you bought it from?
  19. Worried about my Stage 1 figures!

dont you have a graph? Should be able to calculate whether its nm or ftlb fairly easily by picking a point on the graph and doing the conversion
  20. Front Brake pads advice

ds2500 are great but they're expensive and I don't think you need them. They only really benefit on track or very hard sustained road use. Just get some standard brembos or mintex or any other well known brand
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.