Search results

1. JRB

what Wheels and Tyres do I buy?

Thanks guys, got a few days till the mot is due will let you know what i purchase....
  2. JRB

what Wheels and Tyres do I buy?

Need to buy 4 new tyres for my Cupra R, any advice on where to buy them from? Was thinking of getting some RS4 replica wheels or something like that, could you recommend anyone in the Kent area.
  3. JRB

fabia rear wiper arm

got mine delivered today £15.25 inc vat you gotta love trade discount...probably fit it tomorrow gonna be a late night on Gran Tourismo 5.
  4. JRB

tire pressures for 18" wheels

Yeah they designed the car to be fitted with 16" rims the 18"s were optional (every where but here in the UK) and your beloved sticker does not tell you tyre size! We get duff info from the dealers all the time, if the sticker said 456 psi would you put that in? Dont beleive everything you...
  5. JRB

Cupra R badges - LCR

I've just got mine out the garage, been tucked away for the winter. And the badge has gone all funny. It's not even got wet? Thinking of changing them to Golf R32 badge, or maybe get a multi layered vinyl made up, be easier to polish over rather than round.
  6. JRB

I think your missing my point the STICKER on the fuel flap is marked up for the smaller wheels. 18" tyre pressures should be much lower! I just looked at my Bridgestone tyre pressure chart at work and it lists two tyre sizes for the Leon cupra R, 205/55/16, front pressure 33 , rear pressure...
  7. JRB

Was running mine at 30 and just dropped them to 28 as the centres were wearing? There is some confussion with the owners manual because the cupra r came as standard with 17" rims, the 18's were an option in europe but factory fit here in the UK, and i reckon they didn't change the tyre...
  8. JRB

Leon Cupra R Headlights (Dipped)

Mine wer useless when i first got it , but thats not uncommon for a new car the dealers PDI's suck normal stuff overlooked, tyre pressures to high and headlights incorrectly alligned ( they were crossing one another) best bet would be to pop to an MOT bay and get them to check them on a beam...
  9. JRB

Re-Styled LCR Rear End.

A little off topic but does any body know of a good body shop in the Maidstone area.. Sorry sight mate wouldn't like to imagine what i would of been like if that was mine, the poor girl is all tucked away for the winter and isn't even allowed near carparks let alone the M25 in rush hour.
  10. JRB

Mega fuel economy

Managed 408 on a tank , and got pics to prove it.
  11. JRB

Misifying rear window!!!

or possibly the fact that you have excess moisture in your car and that is steaming up your windows . mine has a water leak somewhere and steams up good and proper!
  12. JRB

BMW M5 or LCR

you lot aren't confusing the new M5 with 2002 are you? New one awsome , old one looks like an old farts car!
  13. JRB

Split intake pipe

Pipe turned up yesterday and was immediatly fitted , and i can't beleive the power difference , the throttle pick up is now superb it's like driving a different car. Makes me wonder if it was splitting from day one?
  14. JRB

Split intake pipe

I've taken it off and carried out a temporary repair but it's apparantly on back order , so i'm in there hands ands it's been nearly a week now . At least i managed to talk them into taking my diagnosis of the fault and they are sending me the part rather than having to have some little gimp...
  15. JRB

Split intake pipe

Has any one ever had an intake pipe split? I was driving home from work quite happily when i realized it wasn't pulling quite right ,and a quick look at the boost gauge confirmed this it was only pulling 5 psi . After a look under the bonnet i discovered that the intake pipe from the air...
  16. JRB

Non matching door card trim?

Cheers paul h
  17. JRB

any body got a part number for my door card please?
  18. JRB

I 'm a workshop manager and still work the spanners myself, so i'd rather fit it myself, and they were ok with that . Saves them a job and they still get to submit the bill to seat for it ,and i'll know that the job is done and done well . I've always done it like that with any dealer when it...
  19. JRB

Finally got to go and pick up my new door card after two more visits and them not knowing what the hell i was on about at the first one. (big box) get it home take it out and the trim is grey not black, needless to say i was not impressed. I took it back slightly bemussed, as i was under the...
  20. JRB

EBC are making LCR disks!

I'd be interested in a part number as i deal with them through work then i can order my self some with a fat discount , thats what i do with my MTB pads he he Cheers JRB
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise