Search results

1. si-mate

SEATCupra.net 10 years old

Congratulations SCN. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best run site I use and that is why it's lasted such a long time. Where is Shaggy these days? Still busy pointing at planes? :cartman:
  2. si-mate

Thread deleted please

Short memory? ;) :p
  3. si-mate

Quick Warm up advice

Any build up of carbon in the bores will soon be burnt off when you give the engine some stick / load. If your glow plugs are functioning correctly, then there is no need to do any more than turn the key, wait for the coil light to go out and start the engine. I do think you're worrying a...
  4. si-mate

Broken fog light

I'd better get it replaced whether or not its needed for the MOT I think. Is this the right part? LEFT FOGLAMP 5P0941703 £66.05 (+ BACKING £10) I'm assuming left is as you look at the front?
  5. si-mate

Broken fog light

My girlfriends car is due an MOT on Friday and I've just remembered the O/S fog light is broken. Is the glass / plastic cover replaceable or do I need the whole unit? Any part numbers would be appreciated, cheers.
  6. si-mate

Hidsons of maidstone

It's not very constructive if you don't give your reasons! I haven't used them for a few years since I moved out the area, but so far they're the best SEAT dealer I've ever used.
  7. si-mate

sticker bombing

So you want to know peoples thoughts, but only if they agree with you ;)
  8. si-mate

Guys, anyone know anything about this LCR

Anyway back on topic... My old car was a 2003 '03 in Ovni. Do you know where is from and what the original plate was? I think the guy I sold mine to came from Gravesend way.
  9. si-mate

Anyone Used www.dcperformance.co.uk

Non geographic phone number, no address or company registration number. I wouldn't.
  10. si-mate

Post count not working?

Yup, posts in off topic areas don't contribute towards your post count. Post counts can also go down when the admins have a clear out.
  11. si-mate

Service Rip Off?

I've had this a few times and usually take them back and ask they are removed from the bill.
  12. si-mate

dog starting from warm?

An easy fix when selling a car showing the engine management light is to remove the bulb ;) Get it on Vag-com
  13. si-mate

Can anyone reccomend a cheap pressure washer?

I bought the bigger nilfisk from Screwfix which packed up and they didn't have any more available so they let me have that one which is really good for the money.
  14. si-mate

SCN flyer

Pedantic perhaps, but on the left hand page under how do I join it should be ...you're, not your. :)
  15. si-mate

worst bit of motorway

I used to regularly drive a truck down the M6 onto the A14 and there was a stretch (J4-J3?) where it was like being on a bucking bronco.
  16. si-mate

Driving in a field/Leeds Festival parking, will the LCR cope?

I sometimes pull cars in and out at a point to point and one year when it was really wet we stopped using one of the tracks due to the tractors digging ruts. All was well until a BMW driver decided he didn't want to queue to use the other two tracks and sped off down the rutted track. He didn't...
  17. si-mate

B&D Dustbuster

Waste of money. Put it towards buying a bog standard hoover with the biggest suck you can afford.
  18. si-mate

Happy Birthday SCN - 9 years old this week.

Can we expect sluggish performance and blurry text in the morning? :cartman: HB SCN and very well done to the admins for creating and maintaining such an excellent forum.
  19. si-mate

When hitting the home button....

Apologies to those who create the content for the main site, but I never use it. I like the Home button doing just as it does as I can use it to go back to the index where ever I am in the forum. If it was found to be an issue I would think the cleanest solution would be to have a button...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.