Search results

1. 17511 and blue smoke!

Quick update - new PCV valve cured the blue smoke. Still running a bit rough on idle however...maybe sucked some gunk into the intercooler, or another PCV leak in one of the few pipes I haven't replaced!
  2. 17511 and blue smoke!

Stuart, that would make sense - the PCV valve is the original (seemed to be working when I blew through it but it's maybe struggling now the system is pressurized again after a long period of leaking). Will get a new one.
  3. 17511 and blue smoke!

I've just fixed various leaks in my '04 20VT's PCV system after it started running rough at idle(replaced crankcase & cam cover breather pipes etc). I took the car for a couple of short runs - on the second run it started putting out blue smoke (only noticeable whilst stationary at idle, but...
  4. 20v runs rough under accelaration

Thanks all - appreciate your help
  5. 20v runs rough under accelaration

Guys, your advice was spot on - replaced the remaining two original coil packs today and it's running smooth again! Just need to find a way to get the engine management light to go off now
  6. 20v runs rough under accelaration

Thanks guys - will try coil packs.....two have died already in the past 18 months or so. When they failed it just went down to 3 cylinders and had no power. Maybe this is one of the two original coil packs just getting a bit weaker!
  7. 20v runs rough under accelaration

Hi all, my '04 FR 1.8 20VT has started misfiring/running rough when you dump the accelerator, particularly when overtaking (initially the engine management light was flashing when this happened, but is now illuminated all the time). It runs smoothly the rest of the time; it feels like maybe it's...
  8. 1.8 20VT gearbox oil change

Thanks for this, JDUB - I will have to check the gearbox code. Any clues where this is stamped on the casing?
  9. 1.8 20VT gearbox oil change

Nope - its definitely 6 speed and not a Cupra badge in sight.... FR 1.8 20VT. As far as I'm aware it has never been modified.
  10. 1.8 20VT gearbox oil change

Hi all, I'm looking to change the gearbox oil in my '04 Leon 1.8 20VT (six speed) - can anyone let me know the correct spec and quantity required? I'm guessing it's probably around 3.5L of 75/90 but want to make sure it's right!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise